Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Metal On Metal Squeaking Noise From Exhaust Area *please Help!*

Daniel Madden

Hi guys,

I have a 2007 toyota avensis, D4D 2.0L Luna model with 60,000 miles. The car is running great except for this squeaking noise that i think is coming from the exhaust... it only happens when the car is idling and if i press the accelerator even slightly it will stop but will happen again once i let go of the accelerator and it only happens when the car is hot and not cold. Not only that but if i turn the car from left to right or right to left it will make a knocking noise as if metal is hitting of metal. im nearly certain its coming from the exhaust but when i looked underneath the car the exhaust system seems to be well intacked and nothing seems to be gone or loose. Even my mechanic doesnt know what it might be. I was wondering if anybody would know what the problem might be and let me know. I would be so grateful as the problem is driving me mad :) thanks for reading :)

dont know about the squeek but the banging might be the exhaust hitting the rear tow eye, i managed to bend mine pulling a friends audi a4.

• 4 weeks later...