Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Corolla Compressor Leeaking Shock Absorber

bek

Hiya

Just put my compressor back on the road after the winter and noticed rear Eibach shock absorber leaking. I noted earlier they were lots of faults with the shock absorbers. What should i do pay Mr toyota approx £600 for one and then wait for the others to go to? Or should i go for a coil over kit. Thoughts appreciated. Has anyone else sourced any other shock absorbers for their car if so were did you get them

cheers Beks

get a set of coil overs why pay silly money to toyota when you could by a full set of coil overs for the the same price .mine did the same best thing i did was fit a set of bc coilovers handling much improved

Hi Beks

I am in the same predicament. One of the rear shocks on my Compressor leaked all its oil the other week, the ride is now awful. Mr T wanted a hefty £690 for one replacement. The rears were only replaced two years ago by the previous owner for the sum of nearly £1000. There is no way I am going with the Toyota shocks, they are way over price and notorious for not lasting very long. I spoke to a guy this morning at europerformance, he looked up replacement shocks from Bilstein's catalogue that should fit the Compressor. A pair of rear Bilstein B8's have cost me £258 with delivery. They have to come form Germany so won't be delivered untill next week. Their phone number is 08717 034422 if you want to call them.

I did think about going for BC Racing coilovers, but a set of 4 including fitting is getting on for £1000.

I'll let you know how I get on with the Bilstein's.

Howdy, I'm not looking forward to this problem, mine haven't gone as of yet but when they do I think I will be going down the coilover route. Seems to me if a part goes why not improve. Easier to justify to the misses that way to ;)

Hope the bilsteins fit looking forward to your reply. That would be one in the eye fo mr toyota