Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Could I Tell If The Limiter Has Been Taken Off

pauldbs

I have a 6 gen Conv. Celica jap import st202, when I bought the car I was told by the garage that they had changed the speedo from km to mph and the limiters taken off ,max speed Of the car is 127 mph so can anybody tell me if it has been taken off

Is your ST202 a 1.8 or 2.0? also manual or automatic?

The JDM limiter is set at 112 MPH so if your getting 127 I would say yes but..... your speedo may be just reading slightly wrong,

Only way to check for sure is to remove the speedo cluster as see if a "delimiter" chip has been soldered onto the back or look down next to the ECU (right of the passenger footwell) and see if the speed signal wire from the gearbox has been tapped into with the same type of chip

THankS for replaying my car is a 2.0 manual I haven't checked as of yet to see where they've put the delimiter as soon as the weather breaks I will be checking where it is .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links