Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drlights

tugboy123

Has anyone thought about putting 'Audi Style' DRL's to the Aygo?

Can you separate the lens from the headlamp to instal?

...if so how?

Ta very much!

Hugo D'Aygo

No one know Nuffink?

• 4 weeks later...

Fitted a set of day time running lights to my wifes 58 plate aygo from Halfords the kit number is Ring Ursa BRL0401 which has 8 extra bright Leds . This kit contains a relay which puts the DRL on when normal driving but switches them off when parking or headlights are switched on, thus keeping to the legal requirements. Very easy to fit wires from LEDs go to relay black wire from relay to earth, ignition feed was easly picked up from reverse light switch wiring , hope this helps

I recently managed to fit DRL to my 04 XType Jag, having purchased DRLs for the Wife's Aygo I'm now wondering where to fit them. Can I ask where you sited them on the front?

B

Hi Barry the kit I fitted are the above ones, and they are fitted in the lower grill panel which one would say is the front bumper. They are approx 25/30 mm in from the corner and 270mm from ground level.the bracket is drilled onto the lower edge keeping it the correct hieght and distace from the outside of the vehicle. I fitted distance pieces under the inner bracket mounting screw to keep the lights level. Hope this helps, if I knew how to send pictures I would as it is quite difficult to explain

• 3 weeks later...

Big Auris,

Did the job, fitted them below front bumper ( Which is probably lower that the Law allows) but look good IMHO.

I eventually ran a switch live from the Head Unit as it was less of a hassle than fighting my way past the AC pipes and taking the wire either across the manifold or round the fan.

Thanks for all the assist.

Incidentally blew the sidelight circuit when I put the wrong connections on the relay, DHOH!

DRLs come on with ign, off with lights.

Cheers,

B

I've bought a set of Philips DayLight 8 DRL (12824WLEDX1) which with a mates staff discount I got them for £87. I have the bumper off next weekend to install the factory fog lamps and the Philips DRL's - I'll post some snaps of both.

If you figure the best that Halford sell is the Ring Lyra Dual Function LED Day / Night Lamp for £70 then I've managed to get a flagship set of DRL for a tidy price IMHO

• 9 months later...

Morning all. I spoke with Jamie at Pentagon Toyota parts and the DRL's are £208 with the brackets plus about £45 for the replacement grill. He assures me they'll fit and the connectors are tucked up away into the front assembly.

if you want to buy and fit your own the wiring is simple use a 5 pin relay with pin numbers 30/51 , 87 , 87a , 85 , 86

pin 30/51 is +12v power in

pin 87 is +12v power out to drl

pin 87a not used

pin 85 earth

pin 86 connected to the +12v cable of the side lights

how it works

when the side lights are turned on it powers a coil in the relay that in turn sends power to pin 87 drl's are then on

when the side lights are turned off the coil reverts back to its off position and cuts the power to the drl's

Hmm, yes I like this a lot. Do you know if this is will work on the OEM DRL for the 2012 Fire or are your specs for any 2 wire DRL lamps...?

Good work there Eygo.

I don't know the wiring configuration of the OEM DRL lamps; either 2 wire or 3 wire and was just thinking about wiring straight in the ignition circuit.

for any 2 wire lights / drl's

drl's have to go out when side lights come on or they have to dim not sure by what % they have to dim thou.

obviously you have one wire from the drl going to the body / earth then the other wire going to pin 87 on the relay

Thanks eygo

2 wire makes sense; I am desperate to get a look at the connectors on the OEM DRL but haven't had any luck so far. I've seen DRL that have 3 wires and I suspect it's 1 common and 2 for different voltages based on dimming and indicator activity etc.

Do you have a Fire - can you post a picture of the OEM DRL connection...?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links