Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picking My New Aygo Fire Up Shortly

Jerbs

Hi. I recently ordered a new Aygo Fire in white (would have loved it in orange, but can't justify the additional price) and it is due into the garage today fingers crossed. Just a couple of questions:

1. Once the car arrives at the garage how long will I have to wait until I can pick it up?

2. This is the first brand new car I've bought and was wondering if I will need to go easy on the engine for the first few hundred miles?

3. I've read many reviews and noticed problems with the clutch, water leaks around window seals etc on older cars, have these problems been rectified on the new 2012 aygo?

Thanks in advance!

I've had mine about a month and a half now.

1. I think it was two days after it arrived at the garage before I could take it away.

2. I just drove it normally from the first day.

3. No issues so far (touch wood). It seems these issues have been resolved in the 2012 model.

1. Once the car arrives at the garage how long will I have to wait until I can pick it up?

I got mine really quickly, they just gave me a date to pick it up. So I'd agree with Mark and say around 2 days, maybe less.

2. This is the first brand new car I've bought and was wondering if I will need to go easy on the engine for the first few hundred miles?

It's always recommended. Just don't go doing burnouts for the first few hundred and you'll have no problems.

3. I've read many reviews and noticed problems with the clutch, water leaks around window seals etc on older cars, have these problems been rectified on the new 2012 aygo?

I've never had any of these problems on my 2010 Aygo. But it's only a couple of years old, and has a relatively low mileage of about 12k.

And congratulations on your new car, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

I have recently ordered myself a Toyota Aygo Fire in Black. Was told by my local dealer it would be a couple of weeks so fingers crossed i will get it before the end of June.

Im pretty fed up with public transport at the moment.

Very happy to join club Toyota :))

The waiting is agony - mine has been at the dealers for a week now, held up by DVLA paperwork... Every time I drive past I can see the car just waiting :(

I ordered my Aygo around the 20th April, picked it up on the 18th May, the dealer was really good in that I told them my 1989 Jetta was getting scrapped so needed a car before the end of April, and although they promised me this would be fine, it turns out there was a 'problem' with deliveries from the factory so it would be delayed. They provided me with a courtesy car and insurance for the duration it took for my new car to arrive, A class service!

I love my little Aygo, clocked up around 700 miles since I've had it, if there was one fault I could pick at, it's the driver side electric window switch; maybe it's just the way I drive but when I'm resting my accelerator foot it leans against the switch housing and I now have a permanent bruise spot there which is painful :(

I was lucky as they had an orange one in the showroom and got it within a week! I was worried I'd dislike it after having a Seat Leon Cupra but...... It's a great little car and I really enjoy driving it! 5 year warrenty and super cheap running costs, what's too dislike!!! Thumbs up from me

Cheers for the replies, still haven't picked it up but I did pass a lorry carrying a load of white aygos on the motorway yesterday. Hoping to hear something today!

Good luck! Finally set to pick mine up tomorrow morning, though slightly miffed that I've got to take her back at some point in July to have her rear spoiler fitted because they're all on back order. A victim of Mr T's 'Just in Time' methodology, perhaps...? :lol:

My local Mr T, they are blessed with a bodyshop thankfully :)

Finally the waiting was over and I picked up my new Fire today and have been razzing around in it! 3rd gear is so weird! Having migrated from a high-revving T-Pot Yaris I keep thinking I'm in 5th when actually I'm still in 3rd! Slowly getting used to it but it's fun! :D :driving:

Glad you're enjoying it :D

I'm picking mine up tomorrow from 1pm, was going to go with the Mrs but the olympic torch is going through our area at the same time so she's staying to watch it.