Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Bomex Bumper

Jimlad

Ok....

my bomex bumper is a bit of a **** fit.. and now it's beginning to annoy me a bit. Rhaines also said his was the same.

I got mine from MTTE through the guy who used to make some copy parts for them. I heard after I bought it that the bumpers from him were pap fit.

My query is... if I buy a genuine bomex bumper will it fit good? Or could it also fit pap ? Or should I go for another bumper on the search for the perfect fit.

any ideas ??

I do like the bomex bumper tho. ( ordering bomex electric mirrors next week! )

where is it a poor fit? If its where the bumper meets the arches then why dont you smooth them over. My housemates having his S2k totally smoothed, front and rear bumpers to wings. If its the bonnet the your bubbered!! lol

Anyway, im sure the rest of the car detracts from this, only you notice because ou know about it.

the bonnet and wings.

not a very good fit.... it annoys the pap out of me. I may get another bomex bumper in a few months and see if there is any difference. I want perfection I tell thee !!! :angry:

Anyway, im sure the rest of the car detracts from this, only you notice because ou know about it.

it's not really that bad... but it annoys me !

maybe I'll have a new one by the time you see it... :D

Point and I'll kick your butt... lay you on the ground and run you over... lol :D

It's not really that bad.. you'll see... or maybe you won't... like I said, I hope to get another bomex nose to see if there's a difference. I'll also get another bodyshop to fit the new one.

Our bomax is a s**t fit on the o/s headlight & where it runs under the wings, spent what seems like a life time trying to get it right, & still looks pants :crybaby:

Hmm I think youll find these aftermarket bumpers never really fit perfect. I know a dude with a full original Do-Luck kit on his supra and the fit isnt 100% on the front bumper and Do-Luck are bluddy hella expensive. . It is why im never going to change my front end I like the stock look as its 100% perfect fit. Sideskirts and rear bumper only for me.

I think its difficult because the mr2 (like the supra) have quite "large" front bumpers that creep right onto the top bonnet area unlike bmws/skylines/200sx etc ...their front bumpers stop below front lights. The lines are far more visible on Supras and Mr2s (and others of similar front bumper design)at the top AND sides meaning misalignment is far easier to spot. Its a bugger eh..

Stock only for me..its the only perfection youll get imo.

Thats why I spent money on getting mine de-badged and getting in smoothed over.. all I have to do now is get my GReddy lip fitted.. its massive.

What you tend to find is that nothing ever fits anything properly.

When your car was made it was by machine (and people) at a plant where all the parts were produced in their thousands and put on the car.

Then you drive your car for 20,000 miles, the chassis loosens up, it starts to stretch around a bit, you hit a pothole, knock it out a mm at one side, your tyre runs low on the other side, you accelerate quickly and so on ...

Then a styling company gets your car and makes a "mould" of it for a new bumper. Meanwhile someone else has been driving their car for a few years too but its in a slightly different shape to yours so when you buy this new bumper it seems to not fit correctly.

To emphasis the point a friend bought some skirts for his Rover 214 from MotoBuild and had to get his bodyshop to muck around with the fibreglass to get it to fit his car. He then took the skirts off (which were then a perfect fit) and sold them to me when he got rid of the car. Needless to say they didnt fit my car! Same model, same year!

R.

Stock only for me..its the only perfection youll get imo.

Agreed, the other great thing about keeping the body stock is that insurance will be much cheaper. I don't really see the point in loads of body kit, if anything, it will make the car heavier, and make it more expensive to insure. Sure it may look a little nicer, but it doesn't make any difference to the quality of the driving experience!

What you tend to find is that nothing ever fits anything properly.

So you have never met Russell then? he is a perfectionist and all his stuff fits!

What people think doesnt really bother me.. I like the Greddy lip. Its going on my car along with some other stuff.

57_1_sb.JPG

heres a thread slating it..

I think this thread is slating the rear spoiler really.

Russ

The Border nose wouldnt last 5 mins on a uk road..lol.

I have a cool pic of one somewhere..

Thing is with the Border nose.. it pushes the MR2 into Ferrari domain and I dont like that. It does have an Italian look to it.

I'm gonna stick to my smoothed nose with the greddy lip!