Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 Iq - 2012 Iq

rowbot

Hi,

Just chopped my 2009 iQ for a 2012 iQ... just wondering if anybody knows if (in detail) they are the exact same car?

They look the same apart from the interior colour, but are there any other differences?

Thanks,

I bought a new "slightly updated" IQ2 last July in exchange for my early 2009 IQ2.

The differences I have noticed, apart from the much improved (IMO) interior colour and plastic finish (mine is a red exterior model with non-white interior) are:

Clips for rear seat belts, much quieter running (possibly due to different tyres), engine is now inaudible (OK I am a bit deaf), handling is better, ie body roll in fast cornering is much reduced and it goes round corners on rails like the first Minis did, extra door pull recess in trim panel, updated EGR valve, plus all the the recall work is not required.

Improved fuel filler pipe and fuel gauge sender unit, and properly operating multifunction display unit are also on the later model.

Interior light is still poor, if you need it.

The revised model is free of London congestion tax, which apparently the earlier one isn't, I believe.

In order to do that I think the output torque has been slightly reduced but I haven't noticed any difference in "driveability".

I may have missed something, but I think those are the main ones.

The 2012 model may have some more little changes over my one

which is mid 2011.

John

I bought a new "slightly updated" IQ2 last July in exchange for my early 2009 IQ2.

The differences I have noticed, apart from the much improved (IMO) interior colour and plastic finish (mine is a red exterior model with non-white interior) are:

Clips for rear seat belts, much quieter running (possibly due to different tyres), engine is now inaudible (OK I am a bit deaf), handling is better, ie body roll in fast cornering is much reduced and it goes round corners on rails like the first Minis did, extra door pull recess in trim panel, updated EGR valve, plus all the the recall work is not required.

Improved fuel filler pipe and fuel gauge sender unit, and properly operating multifunction display unit are also on the later model.

Interior light is still poor, if you need it.

The revised model is free of London congestion tax, which apparently the earlier one isn't, I believe.

In order to do that I think the output torque has been slightly reduced but I haven't noticed any difference in "driveability".

I may have missed something, but I think those are the main ones.

The 2012 model may have some more little changes over my one

which is mid 2011.

John

I have a Dec 2010 model. It has the rear seatbelt holders and is apparently the updated model. Not sure what else is different to the 2009 first model.

• 2 weeks later...

The OP has not returned so may have lost interest but for anyone else interested, the later IQs also have adjustable height drivers seats, for what its worth.

There is an extra lever at the side of the seat for raising or lowering.

John

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links