Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Anti Roll Bar Bushes

Roker

What sort of a job is it to replace the rear anti roll bar bushes? I assume the bushes are split to go over the anti-roll bar

Avensis 2005. Only 65000 mile

• 2 weeks later...

get a 14 socket and small extension, slide under the back bumper and open the 2 bolts over and under the bushing on both sides, let the anti roll bar swing forward, change the bushings(they are split) and stick it all back, don't over tighten the bolts thoughh they ring easily enough......thens the jobs a gudn

I enquired with Halfords Swansea who quoted me £100 to do the job, crazy price.

I tried to buy online and found the rear bushes were not listed and none of the suppliers have got back to me.

I enquired with my local motor factors who cannot obtain them and told me I can only get them off Toyota, they have a licence on them?

I enquired with Toyota (in Ireland) for fitting and they quoted €70 to do the job, not as bad as I expected.

I enquired with Halfords Swansea who quoted me £100 to do the job, crazy price.

I tried to buy online and found the rear bushes were not listed and none of the suppliers have got back to me.

I enquired with my local motor factors who cannot obtain them and told me I can only get them off Toyota, they have a licence on them?

I enquired with Toyota (in Ireland) for fitting and they quoted €70 to do the job, not as bad as I expected.

The bushes are on eBay. That's where I got mine the last time. Didn't find the job easy as made out to be. I had trouble trying to get the rear stabiliser back in place when i had the bushings installed.

Collie72....sorry i meant to add its better if you put the reat of the car on axle stands, wieght needs to be off the anti roll bar

Rocker......did you ask the dealer for a price to just get the bushing off them and fit them yourself?? sorry again for leaving out that bit about jacking up the rear of the car

At €70 I will just get Mr T to do it

• 2 weeks later...

I got the rear done by Mr T, but I have still got a knock, I assume it is the front bushing now but it seems a more difficult job, I think the engine undercovers have to come off, and the bushes are mounted above the subframe, as anyone done these ?

Update: It was the brake pads knocking at the front, Mr T put a bit of grease on the housing which seems to have worked

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links