Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Prices For An Iq3

MccLtd

Wow just been getting some quotes for my IQ3 tyres 175/60-16 and looking at £110 per tyre.

Cant believe the prices.

Has anybody had theirs repalced at a better price or can another more popular size be fitted to the rims?

Cheers

DAve.

You could try

Dunlop 175/60 R16 82H SP Sport 2030 TO

as well but here the prices are more or less the same (104 € Bridgestone, 106 € Dunlop).

Nankang 175/60 R16 82H Toursport 611

are much cheaper (57 €) but I don't know anything about the quality of Nankang tyres.

Yep, Bridgestone originals or Dunlops seem to be the only common ones in the UK and they are both similar price.

I have been thinking about going up to a 17" wheel when my tyres need replacing just so I can use the far more common BMW Mini size tyres of 205/45 17

What bothers me a bit is I need my car to get to work and get to the shops so it is a pretty essential item for me. I can't imagine many tyre dealers would keep these tyres in stock if they are only fitted to a very limited number of cars and off course no spare in the iQ so how long would it take to get me back on the road in the event of a puncture, 1 day, 2 days, a week?

Craig.

Prices for the 15's range from £55 upto about £85 fitted. Shame they made them so narrow otherwise you could fit 205/50/16's

Fish

Wonder if you could squeeze 195/50 16 on the rims, they are 14mm bigger diameter but pretty close and loads of choice?

Craig.

Wonder if you could squeeze 195/50 16 on the rims, they are 14mm smaller diameter but pretty close and loads of choice?

Craig.

Actually 195/55 16 has even more choices and only 4mm bigger diameter. Just depends if you can fit them on the narrow iQ rim. The tyre recommendation is for a 5.5" to 7" wide wheel. Does anyone know how wide the iQ wheels are?

Craig.

glad i aked this question, thanks for all your replies.

Would appear then nankang's are the cheapiest (wonder why?)

without changing the wheels is there a more popular size tyre that would fit the standard rims.

Doing a bit of searching around seems to hint that the iQ wheels are 16" diameter by 5.5" wide.

If that is true then the 195/55 16 would be a great fit. Only 10mm wider each side and only 4mm bigger diameter and there are lots to choose from out there.

http://www.blackcircles.com/ This site has loads if you search for that size.

Off course you need to decide if fitting different size tyres could be classed as a modification and if your insurance company needs to be informed. And you would also need to fit all 4 tyres as mixing sizes on a car is not usually a great idea unless the car has been designed for it.

Craig.

That's one of the reasons i changed my wheels, after two tyre changes they have payed for themselves, I convinced myself anyway lol. Plus I now have four spares ;)

what wheels have you got now Soeley, any pictures?

Yep, Bridgestone originals or Dunlops seem to be the only common ones in the UK and they are both similar price.

I have been thinking about going up to a 17" wheel when my tyres need replacing just so I can use the far more common BMW Mini size tyres of 205/45 17

What bothers me a bit is I need my car to get to work and get to the shops so it is a pretty essential item for me. I can't imagine many tyre dealers would keep these tyres in stock if they are only fitted to a very limited number of cars and off course no spare in the iQ so how long would it take to get me back on the road in the event of a puncture, 1 day, 2 days, a week?

Craig.

So it looks like iQ3 owners only have a choice of 2 tyres.. What sort of rims and stud spacing would I require and where is a good choice of wheels?

Can I just look for replacement mini wheels and will the bolt straight on?

The PCD is 4*100, I think the new German BMW Mini's are the same. ;)

Fish

They are indeed the same 4 studs on a 100.0mm PCD as Dan said.

The centre bore that locates on the hub and keeps the wheel running true is bigger on the mini's though so you will need some spigot rings to take up the gap.

I've never tried Mini wheels on the iQ though so the offset might be wrong for our cars. I know a Mini owner and keep meaning to borrow a wheel one day to try for size.

I think some Minis were fitted with run flat tyres which have very stiff sidewalls so you can still drive on them when flat. Personally though I think they transmit more noise and make a harsher ride so I would avoid them.

Craig.

The centre bore that locates on the hub and keeps the wheel running true is bigger on the mini's though so you will need some spigot rings to take up the gap.

I've never tried Mini wheels on the iQ though so the offset might be wrong for our cars. I know a Mini owner and keep meaning to borrow a wheel one day to try for size.

I think some Minis were fitted with run flat tyres which have very stiff sidewalls so you can still drive on them when flat. Personally though I think they transmit more noise and make a harsher ride so I would avoid them.

Craig.

If the spigots are fitted to the wheel, can they be lost if removing the wheels?

What are the correct tyre sizes for the iq2, mine had Yokohama 175X65X15 fitted when I bought it and show little wear despite having covered 22K km. Having looked on the web they are available in the UK for £65, probably double here in Portugal so an alternative more common size would be preferable providing they are safe and do not affect the handling.

All Minis have runflat tyres, I find the same problem with the Urbancruiser, their tyres are 195/60/R16 Bridgestones and same as the iQ they are very limited for choice. I have been told I can put 205/55R16,s on as long as they are paired ( two on rears or two on fronts) this gives you a massive choice of tyres. HTH

Regards Clare

What are the correct tyre sizes for the iq2, mine had Yokohama 175X65X15 fitted when I bought it and show little wear despite having covered 22K km. Having looked on the web they are available in the UK for £65, probably double here in Portugal so an alternative more common size would be preferable providing they are safe and do not affect the handling.

Probably a good idea to create a new post by yourself for iQ1 and iQ2 tyres and wheels. All I know is that there standard tyres are 15". This post is for iQ3 tyres which are 16" and about changing our wheels to give us owners of iQ3's more choice of tyres. We only have a choice of 2 at the moment. I expect by searching through this forum, someone has already posted about your tyres and wheels already. Cheers Marc

All Minis have runflat tyres, I find the same problem with the Urbancruiser, their tyres are 195/60/R16 Bridgestones and same as the iQ they are very limited for choice. I have been told I can put 205/55R16,s on as long as they are paired ( two on rears or two on fronts) this gives you a massive choice of tyres. HTH

Regards Clare

What effect would they have on speed and acceleration?

If the spigots are fitted to the wheel, can they be lost if removing the wheels?

I guess they could. The iQ has a centre hub diameter of 54.1mm and the mini's have the centre hub size of 56.1mm so what you need is a ring with a wall thickness of 1mm to keep the wheel central and running true.

I did the same on my old Range Rover when I fitted Range Rover sport 18" wheels. I needed a set of rings to take up the space as the wheel studs are only designed to keep the wheels on the car but not take the full weight of it, the hub in the centre is meant to do that.

I cleaned the hubs first then fitted the spigot rings onto the hub with some Loctite bearing lock. This kept them in place on the hub and stopped them falling off when the wheel was removed. :)

Craig.

Marc, the variation on the speedo is minus 1.3% which is classed as negliable, so it would work. ( this was the info given by Hoovie on the Rav4 forum).HTH

Regards Clare

• 2 weeks later...

What about the Yokohama Yokohama AVID Ascend (H- or V-Speed Rated) (Grand Touring All-Season) 185/55R16

They are almost 2.0" wider than stock, and are a LRR tire, and are less expensive, also have much better wear, and have a mud and snow designation on the tire.

Problem is, I dont want to go to a heavier tire and get that fly wheel effect and make the car much slower and worse gas mileage.

I would like to find a lighter tire with the above tires characteristics.

Stock tire is 17 lbs, Yoko tire is 19 lbs.

Some of the 195/55-16 were 21 lbs.

Maybe lighter alloy rims may off set this increase provided you can find one lighter than stock steelies rims

Craig.

Yes, this has happened to me. I think during the exchange of winter to summer tires, they balance them again. They can fall of and get lost next to the balancing machines.

Or when I myself changed the place left to right. When you lay the wheel on the ground the innerside goes down, so they can fall off..

Winter and summer wheals have there own alloy... and the summer alloys have the plastic rings. Those are alloys from a Fauxhall Corsa (Opel Corsa).

Anyways... they cost 25 euro's for a set of 4. So now I have 3 spares...

You read the measures on the left over rings and order them through a tyre-centre...

Peter