Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Prices For An Iq3

MccLtd

I wanted to keep to the original size of 175/60/16’s, and the fitted price of the Bridgestone comes in at £119.89 each with Black Circle.

I had a look around and managed to get some demo tyres from Goodwheel GmbH (Germany) on the following link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-SUMMER-TYRE-Bridgestone-EP-150-175-60R16-82H-ECOPIA-DEM/142944883560?fits=Tyre+Width%3A175%7CAspect+Ratio%3A60%7CRim+Diameter%3A16&epid=538255780&hash=item21482dd368%3Ag%3ASIEAAOSwcMhbol%7ET&LH_ItemCondition=4%7C3

I thought that I would take a punt at that price of £34 each with delivery.

Checked them all once they were dropped off by the courier company.  Immediately you can tell they have literally brand new tread, with being mounted onto a car at the motor show and then removed.  

Go grab some replacement tyres at a bargain price for your IQ, before these are all sold out.

I just go over the road to kwikfit, nexen eco blue , good tyres fitted around 45 quid if i remember correctly

• 2 weeks later...

Good shout G Norman, Ordered a pair from the same supplier in Germany, they turned up yesterday and as you say

99.99% new/perfect. Definitely a bargain.

Thanks again Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough, I did the same thing at the end of September, same Bridgestone EP150 for the same price except from TyreLeader. I had a local guy I know balance with valves and disposal for £50. Sub £200 for all 4 tyres fitted is a bargain if you ask me!

• 4 months later...

As an update to the tyres that G Norman found, I'm very satisfied with the pair I bought and

keep the seller on a "permanent", watch, last week the price rocketed to £76/tyre then today

dropped back to £27/tyre so I bought another pair. If anyone wants some better hurry there's only 

6 left.

regards Chris

• 1 month later...

Hi, is it easy to get a garage to fit tyres that I provide myself please? I asked around the office and all 5 guys looked at me with raised eyebrows and said "you planning on fitting them yourself dear?"

When I said no they said they didn't think a garage would put them on? I think they're wrong. Well I hope so because I've just bought 8.

Thanks for the link and posts on these, I'm very glad this forum exists.

Victoria.

A quick google search for mobile tyre fitters come up with a quite a few around Beds. Just let them know you want your own tyres balanced and fitted, for them to provide valves and the old ones tyres disposed of. Always a plus if you tell them the tyres are quite small. For all 4 tyres, £60 would be a good price, always best to call a few up for prices.

Thank you @Kansai-R

Everybody laughs at my little IQ here until they see what she costs and what she delivers. They also claim no good for golfing, I've had a wheelie bin in my old IQ and I've never seen a golf bag bigger than those!

These tyres from Germany are now under £27 each delivered, better be quick they won't 

stay at that price for long.

regards Chris

Quick search on Blackcircles.com brought this up. Two makes around £55.

Half the price of Bridgestones. 

I've used budget brands on my IQ2 and have had no issues at all.

Screenshot_2019-04-27-21-20-45.png

I've done just under 92k miles with the IQ. Used Nexen N Blue Eco for the past 4 years, usually they are around £50 each excluding fitting. The Bridgestone EP150 can be bought for £30 each if you're lucky to find it at that price. It's a superior tyre, it grips better in the wet and dry and fuel economy is the same. Not sure if any of us pay full price for it though..

I'm on my 3rd set of nexen eco blues on the front, crackin tyres, 33000 mls on the last pair, and amazingly i had them from toyota when i had it serviced, he did them cheaper than kwik fit, arouund 45 each fitted if i remember right. 

My eBay tyres have just arrived and they are caked in mud but the one I’ve washed looks like new.

Very happy, thank you to the folk who found and posted about them.

Victoria.