Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 1995 Car Alarm

SonnyH

Hi,

I have just put a deposit down with a Toyota Dealer for a 3 Door RAv4 XTR VVTi Automatic - March 2005 Model.

On the dealer advert it said the car has an alarm. On the Toyota Website for this model and year under key features it says "Enginbe Immobiliser and Perimeter alarm".

The dealer told me it does not have an alarm. My questions:

1) Should the car have an alarm as a standard fitting ?

2) If the dealer has advertised the car with an alarm - is it in my rights to ask for a working alarm ?

3) The car is going to be sold to me with a toyota warranty - should I ask the alarm be working as part of my warranty ?

You advice is appreciated.

Sonny

Hi,

I have just put a deposit down with a Toyota Dealer for a 3 Door RAv4 XTR VVTi Automatic - March 2005 Model.

On the dealer advert it said the car has an alarm. On the Toyota Website for this model and year under key features it says "Enginbe Immobiliser and Perimeter alarm".

The dealer told me it does not have an alarm. My questions:

1) Should the car have an alarm as a standard fitting ?

2) If the dealer has advertised the car with an alarm - is it in my rights to ask for a working alarm ?

3) The car is going to be sold to me with a toyota warranty - should I ask the alarm be working as part of my warranty ?

You advice is appreciated.

Sonny

Hello Sonny and welcome abroad (that's where I go tomorrow....yeehah...!!!)

Can't actually answer your question No.1, but our resident expert Bothy on your model should come along soon.

As far as "advertised with an alarm" goes in question 2, surely the salesman's statement that it does NOT have an alarm "unadvertises" that fact....?

Just a thought, and he could be wrong.....

Big Kev