Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Breakers Pimhole Fold Bury (Avoid Like The Plague)

charlyjo

what a bunch of dirty top hats,

bought a drive shaft of them, 2 days later its snapped, so i've phoned them up and was told it was in one piece when i sold it, to which i said its not now what are you going to do, he said nothing no warranty etc,

so why would they mark it with an orange paint pen, i will never use this s***hole again there where a few other things i wanted, but will wait till they pop up on the bay or somewhere else,

luckily it snapped reversing out of the drive and not at speed, where serious damage could have occurred,

anyway rant over kin scumbags, wouldn't have minded if they had replaced it or refunded but they are as far as i'm concerned now thieving !Removed!'s

Hi,

Wow - must take some force to break a shaft ? - what bit of it shears ?

What happened to your original one - break that too ??

hi,

had a grinding noise which seemed like it was from the drivers side, so changed the wheel bearing and it was still there, so thought it was the support bearing in the shaft, so phoned toyota for bearing, who said they only do a full shaft for £489 + vat, so it was of to the breakers, 2nd hand shaft and noise still there, anyway turns out it was the wheel bearing on the other side, so did that and all ok so thought i'll leave the 2nd hand shaft in, until reversing out of the drive and its shattered where it goes into the outer cv joint, can only assume it the tri bearing bit, as i just took it back out and put the original back in and its all ok

good job i didn't throw it away

Been there years ago no prob's,might have changed hands since then. Thank's for the warning about 9 miles from me

No offence intended by this but, how are breakers supposed to know of the item condition? 99% of the time the car comes in undrivable. The shaft obviously looked ok as you fitted it so how could they have known any different?

its what they do after the sale which makes a good salvage unit, did you go back to them for a refund/exchange? Most places i deal with will exchange it no problems if something like this occurs

Did the company offer a warranty or did you enquire if the part was guaranteed in any way. If no warranty was given or implied then you bought was effectively scrap. If that was the case why complain.

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware.

No offence intended by this but, how are breakers supposed to know of the item condition? 99% of the time the car comes in undrivable. The shaft obviously looked ok as you fitted it so how could they have known any different?

its what they do after the sale which makes a good salvage unit, did you go back to them for a refund/exchange? Most places i deal with will exchange it no problems if something like this occurs

its exactly what they did or more like didn't do when i phoned up to say it had snapped, was told to phone back in ten minutes to see if he had another, which i did and they didn't so i asked what happens now and was told it was in one piece when i bought it etc and no refunds or guarantees which after 2 days is quite ****ty of them,(not like i was expecting a years guarantee) anyway there where a few more items i was going to get from there but don't think will be bothering now.

Did the company offer a warranty or did you enquire if the part was guaranteed in any way. If no warranty was given or implied then you bought was effectively scrap. If that was the case why complain.

no i did not enquire something that i will do from now on where ever i get it from, and i'd complain even because it was 2nd hand if a registered company is selling something even 2nd hand it as to be fit for purpose which if it snapped in 2 days it's obviously not fit for purpose. good job i was only trundling out in reverse wouldn't like to think of the damage it could have caused if i had been on a motorway etc,

anyway i've calmed down a lot now, still think they are a bunch of c***s and will never be using them even its the only breakers left on the planet at the time i wanted to drive back up and stick the shaft up his *****

its exactly what they did or more like didn't do when i phoned up to say it had snapped, was told to phone back in ten minutes to see if he had another, which i did and they didn't so i asked what happens now and was told it was in one piece when i bought it etc and no refunds or guarantees which after 2 days is quite ****ty of them,(not like i was expecting a years guarantee) anyway there where a few more items i was going to get from there but don't think will be bothering now.

no i did not enquire something that i will do from now on where ever i get it from, and i'd complain even because it was 2nd hand if a registered company is selling something even 2nd hand it as to be fit for purpose which if it snapped in 2 days it's obviously not fit for purpose. good job i was only trundling out in reverse wouldn't like to think of the damage it could have caused if i had been on a motorway etc,

anyway i've calmed down a lot now, still think they are a bunch of c***s and will never be using them even its the only breakers left on the planet at the time i wanted to drive back up and stick the shaft up his *****

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links