Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Convert Standard Stereo To Above Average Sound

toyota4me

hi guys,

I have an Avensis verso which has a standard stereo. The current sound is okay, but i would like to add a small sub (6" x 2) to the boot.

Now I know many of you will jump to say "get rid of standard stereo" and i couldn't agree more, but I would like to keep it for two reasons:-

1. My last car got broken in twice - costing me a lot of money to repair which i now can't afford

2. I'm not after a huge difference...simply want it a little louder and a little bit more bass.

So therefore I would be grateful if someone could tell me:-

1. How can I add smallest sub woofer(s)?

2. Will I need an amp?

3. Would I have to make any changes or add any special adapters to the stereo?

Thanks very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you will need an amplifier, and you will need special adaptors to convert speaker level to line level.

You can buy modest subs with all those functions built in, such as this which if you check carefully appears to be a rebranded Focal BUS25.

You will probably need a toyota to ISO to ISO to Toyota adaptor, such as the ones they make for bluetooth installs available for about £7 on eBay.

Yes you will need an amplifier, and you will need special adaptors to convert speaker level to line level.

You can buy modest subs with all those functions built in, such as this which if you check carefully appears to be a rebranded Focal BUS25.

I don't know how that unit connects to the audio and power. I would suggest downloading the Focal BUS manual if you can find it. You will probably need a toyota to ISO to ISO to Toyota adaptor, such as the ones they make for bluetooth installs available for about £7 on eBay.

6771d1143574895-toyota-iso-adaptor-sot062_medium_480x346-1-.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

thank you very much joylove....because of your help, i have now managed to test my amp and it works perfect with my headunit and is remotely switched off too :flowers: .

Unfortunately, i'm now stuck in finding a way through the Firewall, so that i can feed the Amp's Power Cable...I've looked everywhere, but there seem to be no gromits or wires going to the engine. I don't want to drill, unless i can be certain that i'm not going to hit any vital component.

Here is the link to the topic:-

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=137698

Any help? :dontgetit: :dontgetit: :dontgetit: