Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Misfiring, Loss Of Power - Intermittent

TM19

Hi all,

My 1997 Carina E SLi Leanburn 1600 74-FE has an intermittent engine misfire which leads to loss of power especially when hill climbing.

Have interchanged distributor leads on a one by one basis but no luck in curing problem.

Seen other older posts here regarding injector problems, if this is the case how do you know which injector is not working?

Many thanks, Thomas

My problem is similar with my 1995 Carina and is intermitant. It cuts out momentarily while driving on city roads and sometimes stalls at traffic lights. Any suggestions? Thanks.

check with MAF sensor + clean throttle + inspect/calibrate all injectors on the stand to have an equal cycle consumption

regards

• 4 weeks later...

It is without a doubt one of your injectors.test the resitance of them with a multimeter of have some one do it for you.New injectors are around £100 to £150 each and over £200 from mr toyota so go 2nd hand from ebay/scrap yeard for around £30 to £50.they will be blue injectors.easy as pie to change your self at home or budget no more than 15 mins labour at a garage to do the work.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links