Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Yaris Sr

Gash09

Just took delivery of a new SR model in white, looks fantastic, drives great, been reading a few of your posts on here and thought i'd throw my two penneth's worth in:

Three times i've had to pull over and slam the boot shut due to the warning beep coming on, hopefully just an adjustment required.

My iPhone 4 is not compatible with the messages feature of the Touch & Go which i was told all features were based on...which is disappointing, all i can hope is the new iPhone 5 is!

Also the ability to be able to download upto the minute traffic info, google locations or weather is great....apart from the fact you have to 'tether' your phone for the internet connection...means another £5 a month charge (which i am not paying)

I've downloaded the T&G toolbox, updated the system and also added the 'Glass of Water' & 'Weather' App, these installed onto my T&G fine but i cannot find them on my system anywhere? When i put the USB stick back in it states its searching for new updated software then states 'non found, please reload onto USB'??

Only done <100 miles, computer is showing 41mpg mostly on extra urban, thought i would of got more? Do you think it will get better on running in?

Sorry if it sounds mostly negative just wanted to get your thoughts on my issues so far....love the car, sound system is fantastic, bluetooth great, reverse camera ideal, big car feel for a small car, getting use to the 6 speed!

Thanks for reading.

Just took delivery of a new SR model in white, looks fantastic, drives great, been reading a few of your posts on here and thought i'd throw my two penneth's worth in:

Three times i've had to pull over and slam the boot shut due to the warning beep coming on, hopefully just an adjustment required.

My Iphone 4 is not compatible with the messages feature of the Touch & Go which i was told all features were based on...which is disappointing, all i can hope is the new Iphone 5 is!

Also the ability to be able to download upto the minute traffic info, google locations or weather is great....apart from the fact you have to 'tether' your phone for the internet connection...means another £5 a month charge (which i am not paying)

I've downloaded the T&G toolbox, updated the system and also added the 'Glass of Water' & 'Weather' App, these installed onto my T&G fine but i cannot find them on my system anywhere? When i put the USB stick back in it states its searching for new updated software then states 'non found, please reload onto USB'??

Only done <100 miles, computer is showing 41mpg mostly on extra urban, thought i would of got more? Do you think it will get better on running in?

Sorry if it sounds mostly negative just wanted to get your thoughts on my issues so far....love the car, sound system is fantastic, bluetooth great, reverse camera ideal, big car feel for a small car, getting use to the 6 speed!

Thanks for reading.

I think i have answered some of your questions on another forum eh :P

I have the iPhone 4 which i have tethered into my Yaris Touch & Go system and yes it doesnt do the SMS. No fault of Toyota , as the Apple iOS has a bespoke SMS system that is generally not compatible with anything.

Like i said in the other forum , i have the CVT Auto version of the SR and i have done about 4,000 miles already , thats in about 3 months ish , im getting about 44 MPG average. But in your case you havent runned it in yet . the MPG will slowly improve like mine.

Boot is fine on mine and yeah i have to push it down to help it on the way, it usually doesnt shut properly if u just let it go. but im sure Mr T will sort that out.

Yeah the car is great so far , when it hits 10K miles its going for its 1st service ;)

Yeh Lustral that was me, joined this site before I read your reply, and by the way it worked a treat cheers!

Apparently the Auto version is supposed to be more economical than the manual so maybe I can't expect any more but we'll see, looking forward to giving it good run out this weekend!!

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links