Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let There Be Light, Led Light

surfcitylocal

I came home and found some nice boxes from one of my sponsors, Varad International. Lots and lots of LED lighting products. I'll be installing them this weekend and posting up pictures.

DSCN2857.jpg

DSCN2859.jpg

DSCN2860.jpg

DSCN2861.jpg

DSCN2862.jpg

DSCN2863.jpg

DSCN2865.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aaronfife

• tarquin

• surfcitylocal

• craggle

Well wellllllly well well! Man, you must have more luck than lucky Mc.Luck from Luckington, Scotland. How nice of them to send you those very nice products to try out. Looking forward to more pics dude when you've fitted them.

I got a chance to start the lighting installation today. So far the underbody light bars and the wheel well lights are mounted. I'll be finishing up the wiring in the next few days.

The underbody lighting...

DSCN2869.jpg

DSCN2870.jpg

Rear light bar...

DSCN2872.jpg

Passenger side front wheel well...

DSCN2875.jpg

Passenger side rear wheel well...

DSCN2876.jpg

Wire run for rear light bar...

DSCN2879.jpg

Driver side rear wheel well...

DSCN2882.jpg

Driver side front wheel well...

DSCN2884.jpg

Very neat indeed, can't wait for 'The Money Shot' B)

Very nice, but I think you should take that nice red brace off the rear and ship it over to me for 'testing'. ;)

Fish

Very nice, but I think you should take that nice red brace off the rear and ship it over to me for 'testing'. ;) Fish

It is cool isn't it. All I need now is the rear sway bar and I'm golden.

That also is on the list. Just need the insurance to finish so I can swap suppliers. :)

Fish

The underbody and suspension lighting is all in place and wired up. I'll have the body parts, wheels and interior back on tomorrow for some finished shots.

Wiring under the driver seat...

DSCN2899.jpg

DSCN2901.jpg

Rear suspension lighting...

DSCN2902.jpg

DSCN2904.jpg

Front suspension lighting...

DSCN2910.jpg

DSCN2913.jpg

Underbody light bars...

DSCN2907.jpg

DSCN2908.jpg

DSCN2909.jpg

DSCN2916.jpg

DSCN2917.jpg

DSCN2921.jpg

DSCN2926.jpg

I wonder how many times we'd get pulled over by the police having that lots installed? lol

Fish

Here in the states the Five-0 don't bother you too much unless the lights are blue or red. They frown on it but there's no law against having underglow provided it's not an illegal color. The blue and red are reserved for emergency vehicles.

They are illegal in the UK to use on the road I think. You can fit them all to your car if you want but for show use only. ;)

Craig.

They are only illegal if the naked light can be seen by another driver, or are a distraction to other road uses. But sadly as we all know the police will change their minds about what 'they' deem acceptable.

Fish

Exactly how it works with the police, officer discretion.

I displayed the iQ at the Hot Import Nights show at the Los Angeles Convention center over the weekend. Had a blast at the show and won 5th Place 2 Door Mild. First time to be able to show off the new lighting from Varad.

DSCN2964.jpg

DSCN2947.jpg

DSCN2946.jpg

DSCN2943.jpg

DSCN2942.jpg

DSCN2939.jpg

DSCN2968.jpg

DSCN2969.jpg

Taz... You just keep going! Very well pat on that result. I love the DRL's if you have anymore pictures?

Very nice Taz, very nice. It looks great with that nice blue glow and the positioning of them makes more sense now we can see them lit up. Cool blue, coold car, cool dude.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm going to start work on the interior lighting this week.

They are illegal in the UK to use on the road I think. You can fit them all to your car if you want but for show use only. ;)

Craig.

I'm glad they are banned in the UK. Sorry but tell it like it is, its just not my cup of tea and It spoils the iQ.

Need some quick advice...

Me and my bro are doing the DRLs today and after connecting them to a earth point and Battery then into green wire to sidelights it is just on...even without ignition on. Surely this is not right? That means DRLs are on all the time. Someone help

What are you using to control the lights? Does the kit come with a control unit or did you buy one of those little boxes?

Craig.

Bought one of the boxes that should do everything correctly

Surly the red wire (positive) has to be connected to the stuff that is activated when the ignition comes on?? Or you have a situation like me where DRL won't go off

So you have a red cable, orange cable and black cable?

From memory the black is earth, the red is Battery and the orange senses the sidelight. There should be a diagram on the packing to confirm that though.

This device senses load from the Battery and the lights and switches accordingly. If you have connected them up correctly try starting the car and turning the lights on and off and see if that gets it to realise what things are doing?

Craig.

Yeah Craig we have all cables done up accordingly. Tried engine off on few times but when u turn sidelights off, engine off, key out the DRLs are still on. Important confused on how to get DRLs to switch off....maybe connect to something that always switches on when ignition turns on?