Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Let There Be Light, Led Light

surfcitylocal

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aaronfife

• tarquin

• surfcitylocal

• craggle

AUX socket that your i pod goes into? 1.0 IQ 2009 plate

The AuX socket has only 2 connections for charging and stuff It maybe that its being used as a central connection point They should be in 2 groups. One positive and one negative

David

Do you have a multi meter for measuring batteries, continuity etc

David

No I don't unfortunately or I could of tested each wire. I thought about VSC but that's a switch. Any other points that would work on ignition turn?

all you have to do is look at the socket itself and see which of the spade connectors at the end of it, is the centre pin of the socket. then when you push the plug back on you will see which bunch of wires connect to that spade, then simply connect your DRL wire you brought through to any one of the wires in that bunch

David

I see. Looking at it theres 8 pin points for wiring to go into so no middle one. There only 2 down, 4 across. I'll open the AUX connector up and have a look. I've done 3 wires so far and had no luck. Purple, red and grey. The white and black I presume aren't positive.

Sorry for going through it all you've been a great help so far so thanks :)

ok if you take the plug off the Aux socket, how many connectors are there on the bottom of the Aux socket are there

A charger etc only needs 2

David

Im going out soon so can't take a pic. There is a total of 8 slots for wires. 5 of these have wires in them. Im confused to how there is 5 as you mentioned, there is only the need for 2.

If this isn't a possibility, is there anything else I can tap into to complete this nightmare of a job?

Not really. when you pull the plug with the 8 slots 5 populated off the aux socket, what connectors are on the aux socket?

David

send me a PM with your mobile number and i will call you

David

Im heading out just now. If I do it later I'll pm you. I have no idea. All I know is the colours of wires :(

ok I pick my mail up whilst mobile so can answer quickly

David

Well wired into the cigarette lighter and boom.... They work in accordance with EU regulations. Will post pictures up later this evening. Massive thanks to David for giving all helpful advice and a few others... Cheers guys! This is what forums are for and it's great everyone is willing to help each other :) very happy at the result.

The cigarette lighter socket is the AUX socket. What wires did you use?

David

Blue wire with is positive I tapped into, scrotched it and all good. Aw mate, I thought you mean't the AUX, as in the cable connector beside VSC switch. *blush*

The lights seem half power though... Not sure if its possible to increase them? I changed old sidelight bulbs back but brightness didn't change. (I have LED sidelights just now which are 12v)

Ha i thought we had a misunderstanding on the socket. The socket you used is called an AUX socket on modern cars as its used for "stuff" and is protected by a 15A fuse. The industry should have came ip with another design of socket as its misleading. You may notice it doesnt come with a cigarette lighter to put in it. Lighters consume around 30amps Notsure about your brightness issue. Youneed to take voltage readings. Without a meter it would be impossible to say

David

Could be that they are using "steering diodes" instead of a relay. If so they would drop the voltage making them dimmer. But without a meter cant tell

David

What is a steering diodes?

Haha yes I did wonder actually on the misunderstanding :)

Ha steering diodes are like any other they are just configured in a way to allow current to go in one direction and so can be controlled. You have to know electronics in a bit of depth to see how its used.

David

Hmm maybe not then. A relay might be an option. I'll upload few pics later tonight

Do you live in scotland. Fife? Because if you were near mei could pop over and help

David

Yeah and I'm guessing you live in Essex... maybe not haha. We'll they work so that's the main thing. Here are a few pics... poor angle of photo so apolgises :)

2012-07-15171248.jpg

2012-07-15171253.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links