Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head Gasket New Cars

jimtaxi

Do we have any info on latest models of Avensis with 2.0 and 2.2 engine do they still have head gasket issues or have Toyota managed to engineer out the problem. I am just about to renew my taxi and would like another Avensis mainly because they are hard wearing inside and suspension wise seem solid, I have not had any gasket issues milelage is now 153000 mls and my garage has just given it a clean bill of health. Any info on new models would good.

Taxijim

• 2 weeks later...

Do we have any info on latest models of Avensis with 2.0 and 2.2 engine do they still have head gasket issues or have Toyota managed to engineer out the problem. I am just about to renew my taxi and would like another Avensis mainly because they are hard wearing inside and suspension wise seem solid, I have not had any gasket issues milelage is now 153000 mls and my garage has just given it a clean bill of health. Any info on new models would good.

Taxijim

Come on guys we must have some info on new cars wheer are all the toyota techs or has their silence been bought. !!!

Taxijim

Come on guys we must have some info on new cars wheer are all the toyota techs or has their silence been bought. !!!

Hello Jim, as far as I know the new model is ok, I have a mate who works at Toyota and he said they are ok. One or two people with the T25 model have had problems after rebuild or replacement engines but in the T27 i've not heard of any and of course the current model comes with 5 year warranty as standard ;) .

Regards Pete.

afaik the tsb covered Avensis D4D production up until February 2009.

Given that we have had over 3 years production since then which should allow for plenty of mileage on a good few cars I can't remember any significant no. of complaints here.