Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting ?

stompe

"specially-designed tires that have an extremely low-rolling resistance" They sound expensive.

Gotta laugh at the comment by AymanSalameh

Hi Stompe,

Firstly I do not consider the Prius an ugly car. If the 2015 model is going to be more efficient bring it on providing it is not over priced. The city fuel MPG figures stated seem low to me I have never had that low a fuel consumption. I suspect there will be styling changes in the future.

Hi Stompe,

Firstly I do not consider the Prius an ugly car. If the 2015 model is going to be more efficient bring it on providing it is not over priced. The city fuel MPG figures stated seem low to me I have never had that low a fuel consumption. I suspect there will be styling changes in the future.

Those are US mpg multiply by 1.2 to get UK mpg.

51 US = 61.2 UK, 48 US = 57.6 UK

Hi Stompe,

Firstly I do not consider the Prius an ugly car.

It certainly wasn't pretty to look at. Luckily you don't see too many these days.

Also remember that as well as the mpg figure being in US gallons the testing in the US is less fuel efficient (more real world) which is why those figures appear low to us in the UK

Also remember that as well as the mpg figure being in US gallons the testing in the US is less fuel efficient (more real world) which is why those figures appear low to us in the UK

That's an IMPORTANT point. Not only are US gallons smaller (3.7 litres to our 4.54 litres) but their official testing proceedure is much more real world than the European test. I understand the acceleration test is faster than the crawl upto speed in the Euro test and don't the Americans also test with the a/c switched on whereas the Euro test has all heating and a/c switched off.

American test = more real world using their smaller gallons

Euro test = the best mpg figures you're ever likely to achieve in ideal conditions

The American figures are shown on fuelly.com (EPA figures) and fuelly converts them to UK gallons (or litres) and I agree, they are much more real world than the EU ones.

Perhaps its about time we adopted the American way then, The English system is a joke, :driving: