Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Tyres Are Best For My Sr180?

SR180BOB

hi all, iv just been cleaning my car and i have found a nail in one of them, the only problem is that its quite near the side wall and i dont think it is repairable. I was just wondering what tyres people had on their auris and what people would recomend, any feedback is highly greatfull

thanks

I had a nail on the edge of a tyre, providing its not the sidewall thats damaged it should be repairable.

You will get mixed reviews on many different tyres:

I would recommend the COOPER ZEON CS6 Brilliant tyre waiting for mine fitted to the rear to wear out so I can replace as a set of 4 but simply wont now how often do you hear that?

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t132843.html

See my reply to an earlier post below:

The following three tyres in 225 /45/17 size rated highest in the most recent Which? test:

1) Pirelli Cinturato P7(W speed rating) - 69%;

2) Goodyear Eagle F1(Y speed rating) - 67%;

3) Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT(Z speed rating) - 67%.

There was one 'Don't Buy': Wanli S-1063 (W speed rating), which was rated at only 10% !!

Detail scoring (out of five stars) as follows:

Dry braking: Dunlop 5 stars, Pirelli and Goodyear 4.. Dry handling - all 4 stars.

Wet braking - all 5 stars. Wet grip (straight) - all 3 stars. Wet grip (bend) - Dunlop and Goodyear 3 stars, Pirelli 2 stars.

Noise - Pirelli 3 stars, Goodyear and Dunlop 2.

Fuel use - Pirelli 4 stars, Goodyear and Dunlop 3.

Wear - all 4 stars

I have Bridgestone potenza S001's on my SR180 (were on when i purchased the car)...not looked at any official reviews...but i cant fault them in all categories. I would certainly buy again,

reading frostyballs comments above.........i had the misfortune of driving a car in the wet with Wanli's on :censor:in' hell, they should be banned, i reckon my uncle's mobility scooter could spin them up in the dry.

Dry Braking -- 0

Wet Breaking -- 0

i'm gonna die factor -- 10

I can't recommend the Uniroyal RainMaster2's high enough, best tyres I have EVER used on ANY car!

I can't recommend the Uniroyal RainMaster2's high enough, best tyres I have EVER used on ANY car!

+1 :) Exactly my findings. Very decently priced, great in the wet & still good in the dry. Appear to be wearing pretty well too :thumbsup:

I did 22,000 Miles on a set on the front, getting a new set fitted at this very moment.