Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help Aygo Brake Problem.

kimdel17

Hello, I am new to this forum. I just wondered if anyone could give me any advice or have had the same problem as I have. I have had my Aygo + for over 5 years recently I have had a problem with my brakes.

They keep going spongy and it feels like the car runs away with it's self.

I took it to my local garage who replaced the Brake pads and Disks.

A week later I had the same problem so I took it back into them and they did a full brake check and couldn't find anything wrong. I also got them to replace the brake fluid.

Yet another week later I have the same problem. When I press the brakes i have to take my foot off and put it back on to make the car slow down or to press the brake right to the floor for it to slow down.

I hope someone can help with this problem. Thank you in advance

Oh dear!! Insist them to test drive it and sort it out!! You could be involved in a serious accident.

Welcome to the club, sorry to say this is not a common problem with the Aygo, Sounds likes you could well have a faulty master cylinder /ABS components. Take it to another garage for a 2nd opinion.

Try getting them too bleed the brake system. You can do this yourself with a bleed kit if you feel confident enough too do it though. Like stated above though could be a faulty slave/master cylinder. Is your fluid level low? If so its likely to be that as it will be losing fluid. Spongy brakes is usually air in the fluid lines. Hope this helps.

After reading this topic i wonder how many Aygo drivers get this problem as my 8 week old Aygo Go has a brake problem too. very occasionally the pedal will will drop about an inch while braking but there is no set pattern as to when it will do it. For a brand new car this is quite worrying

I had a full brake fluid change on the aygo last week. I have since been and purchased a new yaris as could not afford to keep fixing it for the brakes to do the same thing less than a week later. My aygo has been very good to me over the 6 years and I have enjoyed driving it. I was starting to not feel safe driving it even when it had been fixed. Hopefully my new yaris will be as good to me! Thanks for all the advice.