Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plugin Delivery

mmw109

Hi, I've just joined up because I've ordered a plug-in Pius. But i still don't even have a delivery date guess.

Does anyone have any insider information about when these are likely to be arriving ?

You've ordered a £28,000 vehicle and are asking us when you can expect it? Surely the dealer you ordered it from would have a better idea?

The car is due for official release in July so I'm guessing if you've paid your deposit and purchased the car that you'll be one of the first.

Be nice to hear how you find the car as I did want one but couldn't justify paying £28,000.

Deliveries start from 9th July

I also have just ordered a Prius Plugin through my company car lease scheme :). Waiting for delivery date to be confirmed. I heard from a local Toyota dealer that they only have around 1500 cars allocated for UK this year so fingers crossed we will be amongst them.

This year ? Oh dear, I can't be waiting until the new Year. I would hope that I'm in the top 1500, but the toyota garage where I test drove a 2012 prius, did say they'd already sold 12 (a good few weeks ago) so if every garage has done that , there could a lot of cars in front of me.

The dealer is currently being vague about deliveries as the code "isn't on the system yet" or some such obtuse reason. 9th July is a better guess than he was giving. ("up to 2 weeks from when it comes off the boat, if your order gets matched ...").

And 28k sounds like a good price. The P11d price I've been given is over 34k.

Quite underhand pricing on Toyota's part really, as you are forced to spend about £1k on paint options with no solid colour available (which I would have preferred anyway - Pearl White looks more like grey in some lights).

True but at least the BIK tax is 5% which makes a difference, it works out for me with the paint and protection pack not much more than a T Spirit standard Prius :)

9th July is only when deliveries are expected to commence. It depends on when you ordered. I ordered mine in April and the expected delivery is between 15th and 31st August.

I checked with my dealer today. He is not aware of the delivery date yet but it seems the paperwork related to 5K discount by government is not finalised yet. He thinks i might have to pay the extra 5K at the time of delivery and claim the money back from govt later.

He says this is the reason for delay in annoucing the actual delivery date.

I hope it's only 28,000. please do update if you get any further information.

You've ordered a £28,000 vehicle and are asking us when you can expect it? Surely the dealer you ordered it from would have a better idea?

The car is due for official release in July so I'm guessing if you've paid your deposit and purchased the car that you'll be one of the first.

Be nice to hear how you find the car as I did want one but couldn't justify paying £28,000.

My dealer just informed me that my delivery date is estimated to be end of October !. Therefore that means from placing an order its roughly 4 months wait

when did you place the order/

My dealer just informed me that my delivery date is estimated to be end of October !. Therefore that means from placing an order its roughly 4 months wait

I have been quoted 14 weeks for a factory order, from Lex Autolease.

So order this week for an ETA of early October.

That's not bad. When the gen3 came out, factory orders were 18 weeks.

Then there was the tsunami.

Today, I have been informed by the dealer, that my delivery will take place on 23rd July (media launch day). Originally i was told that delivery will take place b/n 7th to 9th july but they delayed the actual launch of plug-in in uk due to govt grant issues.

I ordered this during 1st week of may. So, that's roughly 11 to 12 weeks waiting. Its difficult to comment on the waiting time. Even if someone booked last year, still the delivery would be on 23rd July.

That's not bad. When the gen3 came out, factory orders were 18 weeks.

Then there was the tsunami.

I indicated interest last year and yesterday received an invitation to take a test drive, but the price is such a joke that I really couldn't go for it.

The thing I found most surprising about the plug in is that Toyota have seen fit to market it as a model in its own right rather than to apend it to their existing range. IE a T3 plug in, a T4 plug in, a Tspirit plug in and a 7 seater plug in. Now I see that they are only importing a limited number of plug ins, I can understand why they would wish to market it as a seperate model. As a seperate model, they would only need to import a number of diferent paint finishes rather than the same number of paint colour options in each diferent trim level. The danger of a customer having to be offered a trim level or colour which is less desireable is lessened by only offering one trim level in the plug in variant albeit with some retrofit options.

A recent Auto Express article on EVs/Plug-ins noted that people were having difficulty insuring them - some insurers were refusing to quote on the Vauxhall Ampera and Renault EVs because of uncertainties regarding Battery repair costs/replacement availability.

Have people with plug-ins on order noted any problems?

• 3 weeks later...

I've pre-ordered the car with Octagon Toyota in Bracknell. My car is already in the showroom, confirmation of registration form dated 18th July 2012. Paper work took a good 1.5 weeks, while I still can not collect the car due to the unbelievable "IT" problem which last for a week or more? Does anyone have similar problems with Octagon Bracknell? It seems nowadays if anything goes wrong it will be the "IT" problem. I'm wondering what really happen behind the scenes there...

I looked at fuelly and was surprised that some owners seemed to have forgotten to plug their cars in or are extremely heavy footed. I wonder what the story behind some of the poorer fuel consumption figures is?

I also noticed that so far, most owners are american and their roads and travelling environments can be so much diferent to UK conditions.

• 2 months later...