Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mods.....................

Buzz85

So..................

Just wondering if anyone has done any mods to thier Auris and what they may be??

Im currently driving an SR180 and looking to re-map it have the DPF removed and currently waiting on a set of 18" BBS CH alloys. Iv'e also removed the back box and middle silencer having it piped from the cat to the tail pipe, courtesy of my mates at C+C in Hillington.

Ive also been looking through many a different thread and noticed cool rear lights i would love to have but im struggling to find them, does anyone know the best place to look??

Look forward to reading any replies

The Auris ECU does not allow remap the ECU can't be encrypted. Many owners on here have tried removing the DPF but it throws a wobble with the engine management.

Your best option is a plug & play chip box. The 2.2 diesel is known for head gasket failure so the increase of boost may not help your clutch or flywheel so be cautious.

Breathing mods such as cold intake and a larger bore exhaust may help but its pointless unless a piggy back system cant detect your modificatons for best gains.

Lowering it & decent tyres will increase handling but wont be no DC2 due to the heavy lump.

Thanks for the info.

Need to have a wee think now.

i recently added a plug n play box on my SR180...got it from good ol kingo at Lindop Toyota...at this moment in time its the best £375 i spent on a car, completely transformed and smoothed out the power delivery, it's now a lot more linear through the rev range ... i certainly recommend talking to Kingo he's a genuine and knowledgeable guy and he will answer any questions you have,,, he helped me loads.

good luck with the mods!!

Buzz

What does the car sound like after removing the rear box an centre silencer do you have any pic and Video for the sound please

i recently added a plug n play box on my SR180...got it from good ol kingo at Lindop Toyota...at this moment in time its the best £375 i spent on a car, completely transformed and smoothed out the power delivery, it's now a lot more linear through the rev range ... i certainly recommend talking to Kingo he's a genuine and knowledgeable guy and he will answer any questions you have,,, he helped me loads.

good luck with the mods!!

Cool, i might have to speak to Kingo then, just a shame it cant be re-mapped as my mates garage is next door to a re-mapping place.

Buzz

What does the car sound like after removing the rear box an centre silencer do you have any pic and Video for the sound please

Ive no pictures yet mate will take some for you over the weekend when i have time, as for the video will need to try get one done and figure out how to post it on the forum.

Im really enjoying the subtle pur it gives whilst idle and going through the gears. Nothing anywhere near the noise of a modded petrol car but that has to be expected, removing the backbox made no difference at all on its own. Centre silencer is a must, main reason i done it was due to not liking the crappy look of the standard tail pipe.

Cheers

Buzz , as you know our cars arnt that modable ??? Ecu throws a fit . Pics and vid would be great as I am considering this for sound and to free up the exhaust a little . What did you use in their place when removed. So far I have made a custom cai , dremmeled the maf housing out of the airbox and added a k&n located down in the front bumper ( not too low as to cause hydro lock ) this is just a prototype at the moment until I can get something welded up. It does , however help with throttle and torque .

How are you finding lindops tuning box did you get one.

I was considering a manual boost controller , but again I don't think this can be used.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting a Tunit box fitted and mapped in on sat so will post the results in a separate thread. I read up on their services in redline mag as the guys used an sr180 in the Toyota sprint series using a mapped in Tunit box and got excellent results.

I know they are expensive but they seem to give the best gains and actually adjust the settings for each car rather than just plug and go which I'm not keen on but people are happy with the results from those too which is all good :)

I think you have bought the wrong car. Auris derv's are not a tuneable sports hatch by any stretch of imagination, they are designed as a family plodder. As said before the ECU is just about non crackable, only add on tuning boxes have some degree of success. If things go wrong on these engines they can be expensive to repair.

Soot1 - I know what you're getting at, but sometimes it's actually quite interesting to modify a completely standard 'family' car. I had a 1.8 Nissan Almera which everybody laughed at initially & said 'why on earth did you buy that ?!!!' 2 years later it was heavily modified (although in a subtle-looking manner) & it surprised many so-called sportscars. It was immensely satisfying to have something so innocent looking that would handle & perform like a proper hot-hatch. But I do agree about the 2.2D's heavy front end - even a good set of coilovers can only do so much to hide a heavy front end bias ........

There's nothing wrong with wanting to or actually tuning any car. I think We all know that the auris is never going to be an all out monster but I think a diesel with 200bhp and near 360lbsft also with subtle exterior is going to be a lot of fun. Been there and done the big powered cars and they were amazing but when you need something a little more economical and civilised then things change I guess.

Absolutely true that. I've had a Supra Mk IV & an R33 Skyline Gts-t, both of which were fantastic to own & drive. But their appetite for fuel & tyres begins to grate after a while, not to mention expensive servicing. At least the insurance was cheap as they were covered on a classic sports car policy (limited mileage) :)

I agree fellas, tuning something different does give you a buzz. I had a 205bhp Skoda Fabia until recently, cost a lot to modify but then hard to sell, folk like to buy standard cars and tune them themselves or keep as a family car.

The Auris ecu does not lend itself to tuning, only wheels tyres suspension and brakes can be improved.

I have no aspirations on tuning my Auris, it just a family runaround and towcar for the Westfield which is easily modified. Must say the Auris is a brilliant towcar, weighty and torquey, just what is required.

Ha ha yeh how does that work? I pay more now for the auris than I did for the gt4 running over 400bhp. That's with mods diclared. Even my impreza was nearly the same. Yep tyres and fuel are the biggies. Plus the old girl used to like sitting a idle for 5-6 mins before moving off from cold. Mind you I keep thinking back to the feeling of the big garrett and external wastegate :D

Agree with the auris front end being heavy though, it's not the most balanced car but it does put a smile on my face and Hopfully after getting mapped tomorrow it'll be even more fun

Yeh I mean on top of better springs, pads and wheels I'll only be doing the Tunit box and map and that's it really, just a little extra fun. I'm planning on having a sort of garage toy to work on while running the auris day to day. I'd be pretty impressed if someone went the whole hog on the performance of one though but as we all know it takes a lot of cash

One word guys: Compressor!

Fuel: petrol

Capacity: 1798 ccm, 109.2 cu-in

Bore: 80.5 mm, 3.169 in

Stroke: 88.3 mm, 3.476 in

Compression ratio: 10.0:1

Aspiration: supercharged

Max power: [kW / PS] 177.0 / 240.0 at 6600 rpm

Max torque: [Nm / ft-lb] 278 / 205 at 5800 rpm

Gearbox: M6

Length: 4245 mm, 167.1 in

Width: 1760 mm, 69.3 in

Height: 1510 mm, 59.4 in

Weight: 1390 kg, 3064 lb

Maximum speed: 200 km/h, 124 mph

0-100 km/h: 6.8 s

zeneva_245.jpg

zeneva_245a.jpg

zeneva_245b.jpg

Wow - both top speed & torque are lower than the 2.2D ! My Almera would've given it a good run for the money, lol. :)

It may be slower but it's a petrol :D I've always liked petrol cars more!

But if that's not enough you can always import a Blade Master G from Japan :)

Looks nice but slower than mine now after a trip to Tunit :) will post results up from today in a sec. Do love the corolla compressors too but they are so unreliable so I hope Toyota have put in more effort with the auris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys im new to this and is woundering what does mapping do to the car and whats the pros and cons?

To put it very simply, it changes the parameters of the fuelling & in some cases the boost pressure as well. This can help in making an engine more efficient, produce more power or simply run smoother. Some tuned engines have to be remapped just to run safely - ie. if you've made internal mods like different cams or pistons.

Yep exactly what uncle buck said and also alters ignition timing too. There are loads of factors that influence the results but put as simply as I can:

Pros: more/ smoother power and torque. Depending on modifications you can have your power/torque come in earlier and hold higher up the rev range but that can also depend on the modifications you carry out to the engine and the size of the turbo you're running. On some cars mpg is improved too.

Cons: rubbish mappers- people who don't really know what they are doing can pretty much destroy your engine no matter how strong you build it. If highly tuned you'll loose mpg. Cost is also a factor. Some cars require a new ecu as the original cant be mapped or piggybacks aren't able to run the changes you've made but it does all depend on the car. My gt4 was running a motec m4 pro ecu which was £1300 plus 300 fitting and mapping!!! But not all are that expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone know if the TRD parts are going to be available for auris in the uk?

as i want to garnish mine with them if there available !

• Like 1