Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head Gasket Gone At 50K, New Engine Inbound

Crasstoe

So I take my car in for its 50k service to be told that the small leak in the waterpump (I was informed about at my last service, but they said would not be an issue) had dumped all my coolant, and my engine had blown the head gasket after getting a tad warm... the end result is a new engine is to be fitted, along with a new waterpump, and the 50k service to be carried out on top.

Toyota are paying for the engine - apparently a common fault on the D4D engines.

I am having 2 new front tyres, 2 new front brake disks and a set of new pads all round fitted along with the service, and the overall cost is circa. £400.

Anybody else had a similar experience with their head gasket blowing at only 50k? Personally I think this is ridiculous for a diesel, and if I have a single issue with the new engine it will be the last Toyota I buy in a long time!

Heres a link to my thread which i detail my problems with my auris head gasket

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=137192

If Toyota say the the root cause is the water pump, then would it be prudent to change it?. I'd like to drive the car without fear that the HG is going to pop.

If Toyota say the the root cause is the water pump, then would it be prudent to change it?. I'd like to drive the car without fear that the HG is going to pop.

If you are worried I would have Mr T look at it just to be sure :)

It's running fine at the mo, no sign of water in oil or oil in water and no water leaks.

Just keep an eye on coolant levels, if that drops then its a concrete giveaway to a problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links