Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading 3Zzfe To1Zzfe

phatali

Awesome, thanks for that :)

I'm going to give the inlet manifold and throttle body a good clean when they arrive and I might decide to put injector cleaner in when I fuel up lol

I dont have any long nose pliers, is there any other way to get the rubber bung out?

You could use a screw driver to pop them out but you run the risk of damaging them :)

Right update time, i have fitted everything and the car is idling like hell between 1000-2000rpm, it just keeps bouncing up and down and is getting annoying lol

could it be the TPS? or idle control valve?

I have checked the injectors and fuel rail and there is no fuel leaking and the car screams after 4000rpm :D

just hoping after I drive it a while everything settles down

also I have connected all the pipes to the throttle body right but not 100% sure of the ones connected to the inlet manifold lol

You didnt listen to me did you :P

It does that for the next 50-100 miles or so. Mine done exactly the same thing LOL

Lol sorry Steven haha

I will wait til next week :)

I hate the fact its bouncing between 1k and 2k, its like the engines going through labour lmao, i thought the rev will stay at a set rpm haha

but it feels a lot quicker at higher rpm and overtaking is easier now :D

will put some injector cleaner in later one

Mine done the exact same bouncing ;)

Its damn annoying but youll just either come to a stop at traffic lights or start the car up and itll run fine. Just how long it takes is the annoying part lol

I dont get why you guys got this for like 100 miles and i didnt. I did rev the crap out of it however.

Lol I've already done over 100 miles and it hasnt stopped :( and I've drove it like crazy haha

OMG It's getting really annoying now, I have drove over 150 miles and no improvement or settling down.

Might go back to the old original set up :(

Or I can try and swap over the electrics from the 4zz throttle body, will that help guys?

Yh dude, I changed everything all at once

I also made sure the injectors were put on properly, there is no hesitation or flat spots when I accelerate.

Hmmmmm

I got frustrated with mine n stuck the 3zz injectors back in and it done the same thing for 100 miles or so and then poped the 1zz injectors back in n it was only alittle bit funny, about 20 miles or so

So you think its got nothing to do with the inlet manifold or throttle body?

Shall I wait another week and then if there is no improvement put the 4zz injectors back in and let the ecu adjust and then put the 1zz injectors back in?

I think its the tb and inlet that causes it. When i fitted the 1zz manifold i started it up befor fitting the injectors and it rev hunted straight away. I then fitted the 1zz injectors straight after and it was worse. Drove about 20 miles got fed up with the reving so fitted the 3zz ones back in. It still rev hunted but not so bad. After 100 miles on the 3zz ones it all of a sudden idled perfect when i started her up on night, so put the 1zz injectors in which saw it rev hunt a tiny amount for 20miles, then run perfect.

It could be that the inlet tb and injectors are a too bigger change for the ecu to handle in one go. Id wait alittle longer and see if it goes away, if it doesnt the. Fit the 4zz ones back in.

I think its the tb and inlet that causes it. When i fitted the 1zz manifold i started it up befor fitting the injectors and it rev hunted straight away. I then fitted the 1zz injectors straight after and it was worse. Drove about 20 miles got fed up with the reving so fitted the 3zz ones back in. It still rev hunted but not so bad. After 100 miles on the 3zz ones it all of a sudden idled perfect when i started her up on night, so put the 1zz injectors in which saw it rev hunt a tiny amount for 20miles, then run perfect.

It could be that the inlet tb and injectors are a too bigger change for the ecu to handle in one go. Id wait alittle longer and see if it goes away, if it doesnt the. Fit the 4zz ones back in.

Thanks mate, will wait a little longer then :)

After that I'm going to try your method

I just love the intake noise and the car pulls harder :D

tbh I wouldnt of minded that much if I didnt have a 4 inch exit round the back haha, makes it even more annoying and embarassing

Hope you get it sorted dude coz my exhaust is crazy loud and i was like shut up when mine did it. As Steven says give it a bit longer and if doesnt work then go back to 4zz injectors.

Cheers bro, I got bored and frustrated so the 4zz injectors are back in, going to wait for everything to settle down and then sticl the 1zz injectors back in :)

also reset the ecu while doing this today

And does anyone know where I get get some O ring seals/washers from for the injectors?

Thank you

Also after taking the 1zz injectors out the car seems slower lower down and doesnt pick up quite aswell like before with the injectors :(

I so need this car to run smooth with the 1zz upgrades...turns into a right little beast :P

I got the o rings from toyota directly but i no longer have the part numbers. I got the avensis o rings. Hmmmm see what happens with the 4zz inj reving up but it looks like the ecu cant correct it :(

Thanks Ali, will head over to toyota and try getting some if the ecu sorts itself out.

Hopefully the ecu gets used to the manifold and TB soon then I can stick the injectors back in and go fast again lol

NOTHINGS WORKING FOR ME!!! ARGGGHHH!!!

Time to go back to old set up :(

• 1 year later...

I had started reading this topic and saw a view things being mentioned. I would like to get overview of want can be done to upgrade my 3ZZFE engine besides CAI. Iwould like to get some options from the experts and those experienced in performing similiar upgrades.

I know the easiest method maybe to jus swap in a 1ZZFE engine but along with that I would like to get all the info with regards to this option of upgrade.

Please reply and help

Damian

• 3 months later...

hello guys,

right here is my questions,

i have a 1.4 vvti it was drinking oil (1litre per 150miles) safe to say this did a number on my engine 2 valves dropped scored 2 of my bores to the point my friend at my engineering workshop i use from my work shop has said the block is too far gone to rebore. i have had my head done full set of new forged valves ported skimmed and preasure tested perfect, now i may have an engine job coming in on another toyota with the 1zz-fe with the dreaded oil burning and i have been told i can have the scrap engine so i will be cleaning and re ringing the pistons and creating a good engine out of the 2 (i would use the 1.8 head aswell but i have sunk so much money in the head off my 1.4 thats just not viable. so i was hoping for a shopping list of other parts i need to create my monster any help would be great cheers

Marc