Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Goodyear F1

ratus9

hi

Got the Goodyear f1 on my car and since they have been fitted I find the whole car under-steers and screeches round corners with a lot more body roll. I’ve check the pressures and they seem to be correct.

Any idea’s do you think Goodyear will give me money back?

Or will I have to go and get some more and hope that a tyre fitter will give me some discount....

Knew I should have stuck with the Michelins… :ffs:

you aint avin much luck are you!

dont think goodyear will give u money back try

doing a deal with your tyre dealer & get your michelins back!

my proxys are brill them bridgestones were s**t

handling loads betta woz all over place b4

kim

• 2 weeks later...

hi

Going to get some more Michelins but in a bit of a tizzy over what to do....

I could put 195/50/15 on but the insurance say that if the Toyota says it’s ok to fit them then they are not bothered and does not affect the insurance policy.

So I phoned Toyota uk there response was we have no technical dept to talk too and if the car came with 185/55 then that’s what should be fitted.

Then I ring a dealer and there response was that I can only recommend what is OE on the car. And give me the number for the Technical but is on Premium number and none of my phones work on them, that’s why the dealers never ring them...

So it looks like I might have to get 185/55 again at a cost of £80-90 per wheel or should I get some new alloys at a discount from somewhere?

:ffs:

the problem will be if you bigger tyres come off you existing rims and you crash. you will also leave yourself open if someone crashes into you and their solicitor or whatever notices your tyres are too big.

have you checked out http://www.mytyres.net/start.html

michelin penergy xv1 are 72 quid

hi

well i got the tape measure out and found that they are the same size alloys as my mums ford puma alloys and have 195.50.15 fitted.

so i measured the whole tyre and it only got 10mm differance in width and about the same off the side wall so why toyota did'nt put them on in the first place....

yeah i've checked out them and found www.tyresonline.net cheaper...

toyota probably didnt put the 195's on because the 185's give a better combination of ride quality, noise and feul economy. the 195's will be slightly heavier on the turn in as they have more grip but becuase of this you will get less mpg. you decide what you want. be careful that you dont change your speedo too much by putting on a lower profile tyre.

185 x 55 is a different height to 195 x 50.

• 4 months later...

Well, michelin tyres tend to reach optimum operational temperature slower than other tyre brands, cause they use much more harder tyre compound!So if you need fast results, you should use a combination of soft tyres and for city use, which will heat up your tyres quickly!

hi

forgot about this post anyway i got some mich on and they are the new exaltos 2 better then the goodyear f1 still got body roll but thats down to the car only thing is the goodyear are in me garage collecting spiders....

looking back over the years of owning cars and having goodyear tyres they are crap IMHO well in anything above a 185....so it michs from now on

Kourini i do a lot of my driving around the city....

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links