Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice On Buying A 2011 Auris Hybrid

nickp8

We are looking into buying an Auris Hybrid.

Does anyone have any tips on what to look out for when buying a 2011 Auris Hybrid? Are there any common issues with this car? Have there been any manufacturer recalls for this model?

Also would anyone happen to have a PDF brochure for the 2011 model they could email me? The spec seems to have changed for 2012 so I would like to see exactly what the standard spec was for a 2011 built one and what was optional?

Also regarding the Toyota sat nav I have seen the units for sale. Are they pretty much plug and play to fit in an Auris that didnt come with sat nav?

Thanks in advance.

We are looking into buying an Auris Hybrid.

Does anyone have any tips on what to look out for when buying a 2011 Auris Hybrid? Are there any common issues with this car? Have there been any manufacturer recalls for this model?

Also would anyone happen to have a PDF brochure for the 2011 model they could email me? The spec seems to have changed for 2012 so I would like to see exactly what the standard spec was for a 2011 built one and what was optional?

Also regarding the Toyota sat nav I have seen the units for sale. Are they pretty much plug and play to fit in an Auris that didnt come with sat nav?

Thanks in advance.

I'm entirely happy with mine (September 2010) and wasn't appear of a spec change for 2012. Other than servicing it's been back to the dealer just once - for a driver's door window seal that came loose at the top.

Mine's a T-Spirit with SatNav so can't help with the plug and play of the unit.

Enjoy!

Mike

I believe this is the pre-2012 brochure:

http://www.yeomans.co.uk/upload/files/aurisHSD_brochure.pdf

TNS510 Sat Nav installation instructions (pdf)

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/legacy/Toy/aimuploads/%7BE88463D9-AE8B-ADAF-B3A4-81DE7AE0AE8B%7D/Auris_Corolla_TNS_510_RHD_PZ445_00333_00_AIM_001_501_5.pdf

Looks a bit more than plug'n'play, although I am far from an expert!

Had ours since July 2010, apparently the first non-demo one on the road in the Bristol area. I have nothing but praise for the car. Cheap to run - high fifties mpg, silly insurance (Direct Line - £221 fully comp with protected no claims bonus), zero road fund license. The car has been back a couple of times to Toyota to sort out delivery paint chips on the front bumper and for one service... it's behaved perfectly.

From my limited knowledge of the various Toyota sat nav systems, I think it's a dealer fit job. You might be better off with a Tom Tom or Garmin or the like, especially if you want to do clever things with portable music (the factory fit sat nav on the T Spirit does not have a USB connector although the non sat nav audio system does).

Hope that helps a bit... Dave.