Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres Fitted - What A Difference

RedRoss

The wife had Falken tyres fitted to her Rav4 since last year when we bought it. Was never too impressed with them but thought seeing as they are brand new we will stick with them. Put winter tyres on towards the end of last year and obviously noticed a huge difference on icy roads before reverting back to the Falkens in March.

WIth the recent wet weather, and the fact that my 18 month old son is being carried in the Rav i decided to buy new tyres (even although the Falkens still had a decent amount of tread on them) and opted for Yokohama Geolander G91a's. What a difference! The car feels so much better to drive in every aspect, and more importantly feels safer on the road than the Falkens ever did.

I also managed to get all four tyres delivered and fitted for £398 which appeared reasonable. Will be putting the Winter tyres back on when the time comes (hopeing to get at least three years out of them) but in the meantime the Yoko's get a big thumbs up.

Hi Redross, where did you buy, the yoko. Bruno.

The G91's are great tyres. I got 35k out of the front and still have 3mm on the rears at 39.5k I'll be getting the rears changed in 500miles time. The G91's have never put a foot wrong in winter either.

I also managed to get all four tyres delivered and fitted for £398

Yeah, I'd like to know that, BlackCircles has then for 125.50 each, and even buying 4 doesn't drop that.

Yeah, I'd like to know that, BlackCircles has then for 125.50 each, and even buying 4 doesn't drop that.

same as?

I've got G91s on and they are so much quieter and smoother than the Bridgestones on my old car.

I've got G91s on and they are so much quieter and smoother than the Bridgestones on my old car.

A wise old uncle of mine used to say, "more road noise = better grip".

A wise old uncle of mine used to say, "more road noise = better grip".

Well maybe he should have added or harder compound :) I had the yoko's on mine but they seemed soft and wore quickly on the front. I'd be tempted to have them again if I could get them for that price.

Bought a set of four Yokohama Geolandars for £440 all in. Managed to get free 4x4 tracking done at the same time.

(this was from "tyreland", but they only have branches in very South of Angleland)

Dave

The wife had Falken tyres fitted to her Rav4 since last year when we bought it. Was never too impressed with them but thought seeing as they are brand new we will stick with them. Put winter tyres on towards the end of last year and obviously noticed a huge difference on icy roads before reverting back to the Falkens in March.

WIth the recent wet weather, and the fact that my 18 month old son is being carried in the Rav i decided to buy new tyres (even although the Falkens still had a decent amount of tread on them) and opted for Yokohama Geolander G91a's. What a difference! The car feels so much better to drive in every aspect, and more importantly feels safer on the road than the Falkens ever did.

I also managed to get all four tyres delivered and fitted for £398 which appeared reasonable. Will be putting the Winter tyres back on when the time comes (hopeing to get at least three years out of them) but in the meantime the Yoko's get a big thumbs up.

I have not had too many complaints about the handling with them but they have not lasted well at all. Best avoided says Disappointed of Dartmoor!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links