Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Pump Prblems

Karry

I am trying to get a replacement part for a Toyota Surf 3 litre TD , M reg. It has been losing power under throttle and engine management ight comes on, but as you lift and coast the light goes out and power returns. Local garage diagnosed code 14 which they say is a solenoid valve for the fuel pump. They can get a fuel pump from toyota but its hugely expensive, so I'm trying to get the part myself for them to fit. Can anyone help please on where I might be able to get this thing and what specifically it is that I might be looking for. I contacted Roughtrax and they couldn't help, nor could Milner OffRoad but they reckoned it would be really easy to get.

If I can't get a Toyota one, will anything else work?

hi Gill

FYI -- the pump has two SCV (solenoid control valves) -- and they are considered consumables. Each one has solenoid coil that suffers from hot temp ffrom the engine and moreover when 12V is fed to the both valves -- each coil is normally heated. The constant heating up leads to shortage of coil life. You have to check with both coils resistance by multi tester and in case of miinor deviation of the resistance measured -- you have to change this SCV -- but be sure --- one should change both at the same time to be sure their performance is an equial. regards / Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links