Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Please Help - Celica Convertible

jtudds

:help: I have a Celica 2.0 Covertible (ST202) which is an import.

I have just received news that the nearside rear caliper has seized causing the disc to burn out. I therefore need some rear pads, discs and a new caliper!

The price of the pads and discs I can live with but the quote for the caliper seemed very extortionate. Can anyone PLEASE advise where i may be able to source reasonably priced new/used parts for this vehicle, bearing in mind that is imported but i'm not sure if it differs to a UK spec in anyway?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

why buy a new caliper when you recon the old one all the working parts for the caliper can be brought from toyota like sliding bushing, pins, and the piston and put back in to the old caliper. it will be as good as new. my rear caliper seized on my jap 96 st202 but lucky i caught in time all it did was ware the pad at an angle.

Thanks mate, good idea. Don't know why i didn't think of that myself - probably was still in shock after the quote for a new caliper.

Have however found price for a recon caliper from Brakes International at £68+vat so now just need to weigh up costs on this or overhauling old caliper.

Thanks again.

TCB Performance Breakers

TCB Performance Parts LTD

Florance RD

Kelly Bray

callington

Cornwall

PL17 8EG

01579 383879 :thumbsup:

Have however found price for a recon caliper from Brakes International at £68+vat so now just need to weigh up costs on this or overhauling old caliper.

for 68 quid.....is it really worth attempting the overhaul yourself?

The recon ones are just as good as new ones. New seals and nipples, all corrosion removed and everything refinished. And you get a guarantee.

Ive just had to replace one on my Audi. These are on a part ex basis, and the way it worked for me is the caliper was 75.00 PLUS 30.00 initially. This was refunded on return of the old caliper, which was then sent off to be refurbished.

It's handy to do it this way, especially if you need the car to pick up the caliper in the first place.

Rich

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links