Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Wiper Stopped

scotrav4

Hi Peeps,

left my wipers on intermittent last night, jumped in this morn switch on ignition, wipers started on their upward sweep then promptly stopped half way up the window... my fault shouldnt have left them on... DOH... want to check fuse as a start point but dont know where it is, any ideas... the rear still works and the wash still washes no movement at all from the fronts which i`m thinking would suggest electrical rather than mechanical HEEELLLPPPPP please :)

just ruled out the fuse :( 25a under the glove box, it`s still intact

Is there a relay?

Sorry, not very helpful but worth a look...................

Doesn't the supply to the wipers disappear when the ignition is switched off and the key removed? If not, then I suspect a wiring fault.

Chris

The motor could have come to rest on a bad spot. Had this problem with another car and tapped on the motor with a screwdriver handle and it sprang back to life. Ended up having to replace it anyway. Problem is, I think the motor in the RAV is hidden under the cowl.

.....or the drive splines on the actuator arm have stripped. Had it twice with Vauxhalls, but Rav may have different system.....?

Big Tech

I agree with Big Kev.

Take the cover off the pivot and undo the nut on top. Use a wire brush to clean the splines on the post. Re-attach wiper arm and tighten the nut.

This is IF the posts are of the SPLINE variety. My old VW was like this but never had to do it on my Rav.