Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Lowering Springs - My Experience

Crasstoe

These can be had for £25 on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300731016934?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1413 and Beadles Toyota are the seller.

I have ordered a set today, and will have them fitted as soon as I get my car back from Sims Toyota (after the engine is replaced). I will post my experience and findings in here for all to see :)

i fitted those very ones, lowered the car a considerable bit, ride is slightly improved, auris still rolls on corner think thats its nature, and ride is rough as hell going slow over rough ground but it was like this before, however im on 15inch alloys maybe on 17s be different

I've got the 16" rims so we shall see how the ride is affected. I didn't want the car too low as I normally drive with fairly heavy loads, just a little lower and a little less roll in the corners would be nice.

I figured for £25 if I don't like it I can just sell the springs on, it's not exactly a lot of money!

Arrived next day! Going to get a quote tomorrow on the cost of fitting.

548144_10151077349381163_982884700_n.jpg

Does anyone who has had springs fitted to the Auris have their old quote to hand? Curious to know how much you paid to have springs swapped. :) I'm guessing its approx. 2 hours labour?

i paid €100 round £80 through a local independant garage

Same £80 through an independent. I'd let the springs settle to full 'lowerage' for a few days and then get the alignment done. Alignment settings can be found on the Toyota tech website - accessories installation manuals. ( http://www.toyota-tech.eu/ )

Fitted this morning, and I like.

£145 all in. That was 2 hours labour (£60/hour) and £25 to do the tracking and re-align the headlights.

The results;

Before

218130_10150218194791163_1488815_n.jpg

After

402841_10151078925186163_1324107510_n.jpg

Before

199644_10150201205436163_6115919_n.jpg

After

406327_10151078924226163_345772825_n.jpg

602443_10151078924666163_1441618408_n.jpg

The car has far less body roll, so much so that it feels like a hot hatch now. The ride is far more comfortable at speed and at low speeds (no idea why, it just is).

Overall I am very pleased and would recommend these springs to anyone who would like a slightly firmer ride, but not as firm as something like an Audi A3.

suits the car alot better, it can be seen much better on your car than mine since you have 16" alloys, it really lowers the back which i felt looked way to high

Agreed the back used to be in the air!

I am yet to test on any major speedbumps but it seemed to handle the steep bridges at Silverstone okay this afternoon.

Just a quick update, car handles speedbumps with no issue, and parking next to a Golf GT Diesel reveals that the TTE lowering springs seem to lower the Auris to around the same height as the Golf... very interesting indeed!

Handling is greatly improved, with almost no pitch and dive under breaking and accelerating, and very little roll in the corners. Only thing I can think of that would improve the cornering ability of this car is if it had the multi-link rear suspension from the SR180... but that is a completely different project which I don't plan on starting any time soon... if at all...

much better with the springs. looks good.

As posted elsewhere, both H&R & Eibach (Pro-kit) do springs for the SR180. They don't actually lower the car much (as the Toyota Motorsport springs are already 10mm less than other Auris models). However they are a little stiffer & stop the worst of the body roll in corners & roundabouts.

I bought mine from the same guys on eBay.

Fitting cost me £35, that is probably because I knew the garage owners...

I had mine fitted on 16th April 2011, so it's been over a year now and they've been well worth the investment.

As said above, the road holding is perfect and corners don't feel like the cars going to above to roll over, the simplest upgrade for all Toyota Auris owners!

Wish to do them to mine because I hate how high the back is. The only problem is that the link you gave don't ship to malta and to buy them from elsewhere it would cost me well over £100. BTW nice ride man :D

Thank you, feedback is always welcome. I am planning on some light tint for the windows back from the B-Pillar, and I have my eyes peeled for a Red SR spoiler... keep asking around the but they are always the first thing to go from a scrapped Auris!

Mine to be fitted by Mr. T this thursday. Cant wait to see the difference. Dont know any trustworthy garage in my area and worried about warranty for my car.

if youre interested in some sr180 alloys let me know...

Fitted today and happy with it. Less body roll on turns and curves. Looks much better as well. Got rid of the back hanging on the air. Much improved handling.

Auris2010, upload some pictures for all to see :)

Will post some pics soon crasstoe!

Looks great! I definitely need to get my windows lightly tinted, really sets the car off nicely!

Thanks crasstoe! Next project are front ,side and rear skirts!

Just to add to this, I had some Eibach pro springs fitted to my sr180 today. The car sits around 10mm lower than on the Toyota Motorsport springs and has a lot less body roll.

I'm expecting the car to settle a little lower eventually. So even though/if Eibach make the Toyota Motorsport springs they aren't the same as the pro kit and pretty worth while upgrading to.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links