Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Lowering Springs - My Experience

Crasstoe

Thanks crasstoe! Next project are front ,side and rear skirts!

Have you been quoted for painting and fitting? I'm looking at just the front and sides but Toyota quoted me a crazy amount to do it. £240 for the front and around £340 for the skirts!

@ pikey009- i've asked parts king been qouted 138£ for a side skirt only delivered to london. The skirt doesnt come painted only primed. Havent tried asking toyota for a qoute coz im sure its gonna be a rip off. You can fit it yourself to save more i think its quite easy to install

@ pikey009- i've asked parts king been qouted 138£ for a side skirt only delivered to london. The skirt doesnt come painted only primed. Havent tried asking toyota for a qoute coz im sure its gonna be a rip off. You can fit it yourself to save more i think its quite easy to install

Painting and doing a good job on plastics is an expensive game, we dont offer a painting service for all sorts of reasons, the main one being that it is easier to "blend" the colour to suit the car. If we paint and then just supply, you often find it a shade off colour. We have also suffered from scuffs and scratches in transit which makes for expensive re-paints, so we just dont offer it any more

Kingo :thumbsup:

Ah sorry I wasn't very clear, my local Toyota use a local body shop and that's what they've quoted but I'm sure Toyota have added a bit of commission on top. I went to my local accident repair place today and they've quoted 300 for painting and fitting everything which isn't bad at all. I've seen their work and it's very good. So might go ahead with it :) if/ when i do I'll post up before and afters

And £25 sounds a little too good to be true to me for some brand new good quality springs! Id even think that was dodgy for one new spring let alone four

And £25 sounds a little too good to be true to me for some brand new good quality springs! Id even think that was dodgy for one new spring let alone four

Agreed - my Eibachs were a little less, but you can't get quality springs for next to no money. I always stay well away from cheap unbranded springs on the net, especially after my fiancee's Mazda suffered a spring failure after 13 months !

I will upload a photo proving these are the TTE Motorsport springs sold by Toyota, manufactured by Eibach when I get home.

These are being sold by Beasdale Toyota who have a large stock of parts for a car they no longer sell (Toyota don't make the 2007 Auris anymore!). If you email them you can buy direct from Beasdale Toyota for the same price outside of eBay.

The price is right as these are what I bought and have had fitted. They have the TTE logo on the springs themselves, and as the photo I upload later will prove, the certificate for full TUV approval, with load test results, and Eibach's factory as the origin of the springs.

They are £25 because nobody bought them, and whilst stocks last - so hardly too good to be true. No point charging full RRP for a part that goes on a car that is no longer manufactured.

As promised above, this is the TUV certificate you receive with the springs.

533214_10151136513481163_1259075911_n.jpg

Hopefully that will silence the non believers.

Well the Genuine springs I removed from my auris weren't branded TTE they are brandad Toyota Motorsport. But fair enough he should go for those then as they seem a bargain if they're genuine. Just seemed too good to be true. Parts I ordered for my 17 year old celica through Toyota were still full rrp all those years later so just seems strange they have reduced a five year old cars parts so drastically. Also my Toyota Motorsport front splitter was full price so why isn't that half price or something?

The chap at Beasdale Toyota explanation to me was they have stacks of springs, where as they only have a few sets of splitters. Guessing either they envisioned more people buying the lowering springs from new but that never happened, or Eibach would only make them in large bulk.

Toyota Team Europe (TTE) IS Toyota Motorsport.

Ah fair enough I guess, that is a rediculous price isn't it. May aswell just bin mine then.

I'm aware that tte have changed to Toyota Motorsport I just meant the branding on my springs is Toyota Motorsport not TTE. I'm only saying that because I've seen recent fake parts marked as TTE even though they dont brand their parts as that anymore. so wasn't a dig or anything.

Nope, my standard springs are also marked 'Toyota Motorsport' & as such are far too soft for a 'warm' hatch. I was initially dubious that the Eibach ProKit would make a difference, but they have. Roll is much reduced (especially on roundabouts or twisty B-roads), even if the ride height is almost the same as before.

It sounds like these 'TTE' springs are made for non-SR180 models, enabling them to be dropped that extra 10mm from standard.

Mines settled at a 30mm drop over the stock springs. They do ask that you send details of your Auris when you purchase the springs, so I imagine they have different sets for different engines etc... possibly including the SR180???

Well if the cheap springs do the trick and arent dangerous then it's a no brainer really. Definatly agree that the standard TMS springs on the sr180's are rubbish. Typical toyota only dressing a car up instead of giving it what it needs to handle power better and actually give it a sporty feel over the other models. I find it hard to belve that Eibach had anything to do with the stock springs because of the difference in the way mine now rides and handles but i guess toyota spec'd them to just lower the car and thats about it. I've only got a 10-12mm reduction in ride height of the stock springs but it does make a difference with the looks even at that.

Wheat the eBay numbr again as i nearly got a set but backed out because off prices being low thougt it was dodgy

Wheat the ebay numbr again as i nearly got a set but backed out because off prices being low thougt it was dodgy

Item number: 290749043299

Pikey009, I'm only speaking with experience from the D4D Auris, not the SR180, so I can't comment on how an SR180 would drive with these springs. Mine is definitely more direct now.

I've got one but my laptop is knackered at the moment so I can't load up pictures

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links