Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Light.

FordConvertAndLuvMyAvensis

Hi, I'm new to Toyota cars and I have an Avensis est 99. I thought the light between driver and passenger would illuminate when a door was opened? Mine doesn't, I have to manually turn it on/off. Is this usual?

Hi, I'm new to Toyota cars and I have an Avensis est 99. I thought the light between driver and passenger would illuminate when a door was opened? Mine doesn't, I have to manually turn it on/off. Is this usual?

Hi,

The strangest thing - I was just about to post this same question! I know that the map reading lights aren't designed to light when the doors are opened, but I was going to post and ask if there's a way for them to be wired up. I've had a look at the Haynes manual wiring diagrams but I'm not so good when it comes to car electrics!

Anyone managed to do this?

I've just bought an Avensis (60 plate) and I can't get the interior lights to work either.

Both sets (front and back) aren't coming on when the doors open or when they are pressed. Neither is the light in the boot.

On my Avensis the interior light switch control panel above the windscreen says OFF in the centre position, ON all the time to the left and DOORS when switched to the right, the boot light can be turned off manually near the left hand wheel arch in the boot space. The interior lights dim to off after about 30 seconds or so when the doors or boot lid is closed.

If yours don't work when switched to doors the check the fuses.

Regards Pete.

Thanks Pete, the set up you describe with the on/off etc is on my centre console above the rear passenger seats and I also have the boot light. the one in the front tho only has a push on/off and on the other side of the light is the s/roof control. the rear passenger light and boot light dim as you describe but nothing on the front one unless I manually turn it on and off.

hi i think the front ones are reading light so they dont turn on when the doors are open also there should be a way of wiring it up so that the lights turn on when the doors open but i think you would lose the feature of turning it on/off by pressing the button it would be so that when you turn the control that in the rear of the car it would turn the lights on/off or to the doors thanks