Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Bought A T180

goho51

Hi everyone

Just joined today after having traded my Prius for T180. On the keyless entry switch i am getting a low Battery sign on the dash, how easy to replace and how to get one?

Be good to hear from you all.

goho51

Thanks very much for the welcome and prompt reply... awesome! The dealer is looking to get me a manual, not received yet.. do you also know how to load a cd or where the drive is?

Best

goho51

Not sure on your model year but mine is under the front passenger seat

Del

I've a suspicion that the CD slot is behind the display but I'm sure a fellow T180 owner will be along with definite instructions on 'how to'.

do you have satnav, if you do then it is behind that, by pressing the tilt button.

Thanks very much for the welcome and prompt reply... awesome! The dealer is looking to get me a manual, not received yet.. do you also know how to load a cd or where the drive is?

Best

goho51

As of 25/7 I will leave these warm dry shores for 5 whole weeks.....if you need a wee lenny (loan of.....) my Owner's Manual until I return, PM me your address down there in Pink Panther Country and I will posticate.

Big Kev

Thanks all of you, found the cd drive behind the satnav as you mentioned..

I had the dealer fit new tyres and inners before I bought the Rav... the runflats of course which could only be fitted at Toyota according to the dealer at great expense... is there a need for the ' puncture repair kit' still to be carried? I had a long discussion with the fitter who felt it was not needed as the tyre walls would brace the wheel until it could changed.. seems odd to me, I thought you would have to use the kit and then drive, probably very carefully to the nearest Toyota dealer.... I am trying to get the dealer to supply the handbook so I will wait a bit, thanks for the offer to send me your though!

I've been in other forums over the years but have never felt so welcome before... thanks again

goho51

Runflats... that ole chesnut!

<screw> <screw> <screw> <screw> <PING> can of worms opened right there!

Runflats... that ole chesnut!

<screw> <screw> <screw> <screw> <PING> ....... can of worms opened right there!

Thanks again, I had a long chat with the local Toyota dealer and am happy with the response, nice idea these runflats but sounds like a right faff when you have a problem

the fitter who felt it was not needed as the tyre walls would brace the wheel until it could changed.. goho51

Fitter speaking from nether orifice - the inner support rings [clue in name] provide the necessary support in the Bridgestone/Toyota system should the tyre go flat.

If it were me I'd make sure I never darken said fitters doors again..................

As of 25/7 I will leave these warm dry shores for 5 whole weeks.....

Snot long enuf :rolleyes: (Tsurugi).

Willkommen goho51. :thumbsup:

the fitter who felt it was not needed as the tyre walls would brace the wheel until it could changed.. goho51

Fitter speaking from nether orifice - the inner support rings [clue in name] provide the necessary support in the Bridgestone/Toyota system should the tyre go flat.

If it were me I'd make sure I never darken said fitters doors again..................

Gordon.....was it actually the Toyota dealer's tyre fitter that made the statement re "the supportive sidewalls" crap....? Absolutely bloody shocking !!!!!!

Do a search under the heading of "Runflats", and be prepared for a long list of postings, some rantifications from me and Charlie Farlie. After reading only some of it, if you want me to phone you and explain why you need a spare wheel and tyre, send me a PM.

BEAR IN MIND THAT IF YOU DID USE THE TYRE GUNK METHOD ON ANY TYRE, RUNFLAT OR NOT, IT GIVES TYRE FITTERS THE EXCUSE THAT THEY CANNOT FIND THE HOLE TO EFFECT A REPAIR, SO YOU END UP BUYING A NEW TYRE TO REPLACE A PERFECTLY SERVICEABLE ONE !!!!! Keich !!!!

Big Kev ....and excuse catapult letters, and manners....welcome to Club.

Gordon.....was it actually the Toyota dealer's tyre fitter that made the statement re "the supportive sidewalls" crap....? Absolutely &#33;Removed&#33; shocking !!!!!!

Do a search under the heading of "Runflats", and be prepared for a long list of postings, some rantifications from me and Charlie Farlie. After reading only some of it, if you want me to phone you and explain why you need a spare wheel and tyre, send me a PM.

BEAR IN MIND THAT IF YOU DID USE THE TYRE GUNK METHOD ON ANY TYRE, RUNFLAT OR NOT, IT GIVES TYRE FITTERS THE EXCUSE THAT THEY CANNOT FIND THE HOLE TO EFFECT A REPAIR, SO YOU END UP BUYING A NEW TYRE TO REPLACE A PERFECTLY SERVICEABLE ONE !!!!! Keich !!!!

Not strictly true Big Man....

Most tyre repair kits use a chemical. Which I believe is oil based.

This renders the tyre unrepairable...

Slime is the only water based repair kit that actually works. Then its just a matter of cleaning the tyre properly and inspecting the carcass to find the hole. Usually indicated by a wee nail / screw / or whatever...

But if the OP has a new set of the dreaded runflats He doesn't need a repair kit only a large wallet.

Gordon.....was it actually the Toyota dealer's tyre fitter that made the statement re "the supportive sidewalls" crap....? Absolutely &#33;Removed&#33; shocking !!!!!!

Slime is the only water based repair kit that actually works. Then its just a matter of cleaning the tyre properly and inspecting the carcass to find the hole. Usually indicated by a wee nail / screw / or whatever...

But if the OP has a new set of the dreaded runflats He doesn't need a repair kit only a large wallet.

hi charlie,good to see you again.

hi charlie,good to see you again.

Rutland Charlie????

Good to hear from you :thumbsup:

Rutland Charlie????

Good to hear from you :thumbsup:

Yes Charlie, hope you can find time to stay.

An update would be great too.

Del

Hi again all, seems like a can of worms indeed... Big Kev, tried to send you a PM but there is more than one Big Kev... which one are you? goho51

Hi again all, seems like a can of worms indeed... Big Kev, tried to send you a PM but there is more than one Big Kev... which one are you? goho51

You need Big Kev frae Glasgea, the cunning linguist......................

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showuser=59404

He's deffinitely one of a kind :thumbsup: