Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello & Help With A Tsport Drivers Side Electric Window

Ruggaboffin

Hi All,

This is my first post on the site, my name is Paul and I am a massive Toyota \ Lexus Fan. I bought a 04 Pre face lift T Sport In March after owning a Starlet SR which I bought in 1999 and had for 6 years, a Corolla 2.0D4D for 5 years and an Auris SR180 for 11 months which I unfortunately had a lot of issues with so decided to go back to a Corolla petrol which I am really happy with.

The T Sport had one owner from new and had covered 58k when I bought it. So far I have had 5k of trouble free motoring and love getting it on lift and working my way through the box to keep it on that magical 6200 to 8200 rpm. Plus getting better MPG that the Auris used to.

I'm just trying to get the car as I would like it and one issue I have is the drivers window is starting to catch when it returns to the closed position and it is not always automatically shutting/opening when you pull the switch fully either way.

I cannot find any advice or other people with similar issues but three Corolla's I looked at when buying mine had the same issue so I think it might be a common problem.

Can anyone help?

Many Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul

Take the door panel off, and see if anything is catching or loose, as for a common problem . Not heard of it being one

Had mine over 3 years no prob's with windows

If it isn't operating automatically then with the windows up hold the switch down till the window is down (keep holding the button for a few secs) then hold it up until the window is all the way up (and again keep holding the switch up) you will hear a little click and your windows will now be automatic again, have to usually do this every time the Battery is disconnected.

As for the catching, can't help you there fella.

Thanks for the reply's guys.

I will try to reset the auto up down as you suggest and have a look to see if anything is causing the problem behind the door card.

I have seen a post about the regulators packing up which can cause a similar issue. I guess it's not common then I could always try a second hand regulator.

Cheers

Paul

the catching noise will almost certainly be the regulator catching on the check strap, it normally will only do it when the door is closed, send the window up with the door open and it wont do it. What i normally do is remove the check strap and grind the corner off where it catches.

i've been a toyota tech for around 6 years and ive lost count of how many corollas ive had with this problem, even my own TSport did it.

the catching noise will almost certainly be the regulator catching on the check strap, it normally will only do it when the door is closed, send the window up with the door open and it wont do it. What i normally do is remove the check strap and grind the corner off where it catches.

i've been a toyota tech for around 6 years and ive lost count of how many corollas ive had with this problem, even my own TSport did it.

You star, thanks for the info. I will strip it out and sort it out.

Cheers

Paul

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links