Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2002 Rear Bearing & Abs

UserError

Hi,

In the process of replacing n/s rear bearing. Most of what I have read states that the bearing assembly comes as a complete hub unit, but the motor factors seem to sell just the carrier, which is what I bought as I am a well-seasoned home mechanic with a reasonable inventory of tools.

As the Haynes manual was as much use as a chocolate teapot, I was on my own here. I dismantled the unit with no obvious major problems and refitted the new one. However on reassembly I found that the ABS wheel wasn't an interference fit (I'd removed it with a slide hammer) as it had a sheared off bolt stub - the remainder being in the stub axle? I assume that this should have screwed out - can anyone confirm this?

The car is booked in for a new engine next week & I would like to be able to drive it down there (1.5miles) - If I reassemble this without the ABS will this cause any problems, as I can't see how I can obtain a replacement in time.

Has anyone done this bearing replacement and got any advice, esp with regard to the ABS wheel? Any chance of just getting the wheel?

TIA

J

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links