Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fesic456

Had retest for car today it passed. A few advisorys to be done over the next year before shes on the road is the tyres need replacing but are still legal, also the headlight needs replacing too. Not too bad i dont think. Found a lady who is a driver instructor who used to work for bsm. Gonna call her in a couple of weeks & my partner got his information come through for dvla and under section 18 he is fit to drive. Cannot wait.

Hope everyone is well?

Hi - welcome to the club.

I also had an n/a auto Supra, it was a lovely car to drive & ultra reliable. Those headlights are expensive to replace if you want nice clear glass versions. At £500 they are much more than replacing them with another set of plastic lenses, but they do fade after a while.

The only reason I sold the Supra after 18 months is that I really found the auto box a bit boring after a while. I much prefer manual gears & should have bought one of those, but it was in such great condition I couldn't let it slip away :)

I hope the cambelt is in good condition, I had mine changed as there was no history of it being done in the service book. Worth checking !

HI Uncle Buck, As far as we know the cambelt is fine but i guess theres no harm in checking it out. I struggle with Manual although i am learning to drive with Manual. Which then means if i pass using Manual i will be able drive any car Auto or Manual.

We have seen some headlights on one of the websites for £97.00 you can get them cheaper if you shop around. My dad says the break discs will clean up by themselves once the car is on the road.

Main thing is getting the tyres done over the next year. They are a lot cheaper too than what we expected. We expected them to be around the £600 mark. But our garage guy can get them at a £100 each. So we are pleased with the outcome. Driving lessons start for both of us on the 13th August a week tomorrow.

I was very lucky with the rear tyres on mine. A friend who works with a mobile Kwik-fit unit, managed to find me a very nice pair of Michelins at a great price. Considering they were a top of the range tyre, I got the pair fitted for £300 ! As they were 255/35/18's I think that was a result :)

HI There, yes we are looking around for some new tyres, hoping get a good price for them. Do you know if there is a Haynes manual for the Toyota Supra? We have been looking but not found one yet.

Good news about the tyres bet you were really chuffed. :)

Hi

Joined the club yesterday.

Everytime I click the "Edit my profile" link I get an error message that says:

[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi Im sorry i do not know, hope you get it sorted out...

• 3 months later...

HI car Engine does not start Battery fully charged low on oil, oil lights show on dashboard.

Checked everything, purchased some oil for her, tyre inflator as tyres getting low & some screenwash. We think the reason for her not to start could be due to low oil but if anyone has any advice would be much appreciated. We purchased the items from Halfords as they had a 30 precent deal on and saved quite a bit.

Hope everyones ok?