Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recently Purchased A Alienware Laptop M17 R2

Fesic456

I Recently Purchased An Alienware Laptop. I Don't Think I Would Ever Buy One Again. The Amount Of Problems We Had With It. It Was Sent Back To Dell To Be Fixed Five Times. It was Being Fixed More Than It Was Being Played On At Home. It Was Very Frustrating. We Demanded For A Refund. Which We Are Expecting Next Week.

Has Anyone Else Had Problems With Alienware Laptops?

We Are Looking Into Getting An Alienware Aurora Desktop. But Very Reluctant To Buying One After What Has Happened With The Alienware Laptop.

Oh, great. We just ordered an Alienware X51 desktop. Should be delivered in a week or so.

Hi There, Great Please Keep Us Updated How You Get On With It. My Partner Is Very Interested In The Alienware X51 Desktop.

Hope We Haven't Put You Of James. Good luck With The Alienware X51. It May Have Been We Had A Bad One But Does Not Mean They Will All Be Like That.

No problem Helen! I hope we get a good one, and I'll let you know how it works out!

HI James, We are still waiting for our refund from Dell. Its so frustrating. They have had our laptop back for 18 days now. Read some very good reviews about the X51 & I think my partner has made his mind up. Its 3D plus It has a Blu Ray Player. Not sure whether to go for the monitor or no t. As they are cheaper on Amazon by £50 cheaper. I know It pays to shop around. They have a huge sale on at the moment.

Best of luck...

Many Thanks.....

I could never afford Alienware stuff even before they got taken over by Dell! :lol:

When I still bothered to maintain a gaming PC, I always built it myself tho'.

Helen, I got an email stating that the X51 had shipped and I should expect it on the doorstep by Friday. I'll let you know how it works. We ordered the basic system, no 3D, no monitor. We can get a monitor locally for a lot less. And we used a coupon code which gave us an extra $50 off! :clap:

I fancy the Samsung Series 7 17.3" Notebook,

Model Number NP700Z7C-S01US

CPU/ Processor

Intel® Core™ i7-3615QM Processor

CPU Clock Speed (Max.)

2.30GHz

CPU Cache

6MB

Display

17.3" LED Full HD

Resolution

1920 x 1080

Brightness

300 nit

Memory

Standard System Memory

8GB Memory Type DDR3

Storage

Hard Drive Capacity 1 TB with ExpressCache™ Technology, 8GB

Graphics

Graphics Chip NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M

Maximum Graphics Memory 2GB GDDR5

DVD +/-RW Super Multi Dual Layer (S-ATA)

Slot Loading

Multimedia

Speakers JBL® 3 Speakers with sub-woofer

Web Camera 1.3MP HD

Connectivity

Wireless LAN 80022.11 abg/n

bluetooth 4.0

WiDi

Wired Ethernet LAN

Gigabit LAN

I/O Ports

VGA

HDMI

USB Ports

2 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0

Headphone Out

Microphone In

Multi Card Slot

4- in-1 (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC)

RJ45 (LAN)

Input Devices

Keyboard 101 Keys. Touch Pad

Touch Pad (Scroll Scope, Flat Type, Gesture UI)

Security

Kensington Lock Slot

HI James,

It Sounds Good To Me. We Were Thinking Of Going For The Basic One. Plus We Have Been Looking Elsewhere For A Monitor. There Is Amazon But Your Only Saving £50.00. May I Ask Where You Got Your Codes From For The Alienware System? If You Have Any Websites Please Let Us Know. Got A Call From Dell Yesturday Should Receive The Refund Within Next 24 Hours. How Long Did It Take For You To Receive Your New System From Dell? We Thought Of A One Year Warranty To Begin With, As Then Can Renew It.

Goodluck! Please Put Some Pictures On If You Can & Will Let You Know How We Get On With Ours...

HI Cyker

We Have Had A Friend Offer Us To Build A Desktop For £1500. He Said He would Take Us To Novatech. But The Nearest One To Us Is In Portsmouth. We Said If It Goes Wrong How Would We Get It There. Its Too Far & Cost Too Much In Travelling & Shipping. But We Are Really Interested In The Alienware X51 DeskTop.....

HI Raistlin,

Samsung Sounds Good We Have Just Purchased A 15inch Mac Pro. Good For Videoing, Photograhy & Gaming. Its A Neat Laptop. I Would Recommend Products From Apple Because Back In Feb 2012 We Purchased A IPAD 2 & Recently It Went Wrong There Was A Green Glow Down The Side Of It. We Tried To Restore It But It Came Back Was There All The Time. Went To The Apple Store Last Thursday They Gave Us A New One Straightaway.

Hope It Goes Well.....

I had an ipad 2 for about two weeks and the headphone socket was playing up, when you plugged Apple headphones in or out it would freeze and crash. Took it back to PC World and they restored it, updated it, and was still the same, so they said they would just replace it, did I want the same again? Well the ipad 3 had just come out so I said, "not unless you want to give me an ipad 3?" No problem Sir, here you go :thumbsup: Excellent Mr PC World, thank you

Kingo :thumbsup:

HI,

We Have Heard that some Of the IPAD 3 Have Been Returned Not Sure Why. But Congrats! Just goes to show If You Push & Compalain You normally get what You Want So It Is Worth Shopping Around....

Goodluck!

HI,

We Have Heard That Some Of the IPAD 3 Have Been Returned Not Sure Why. But Congrats! Just goes to show If You Push & Compalain You normally get what You Want So It Is Worth Shopping Around....

Goodluck!

HI,

We Have Heard That Some Of the IPAD 3 Have Been Returned Not Sure Why. But Congrats! Just goes to show If You Push & Compalain You Normally Get What You Want So It Is Worth Shopping Around....

Goodluck!

Hi James

After you mentioning that you had purchased a Alienware X51 the other day I decided to give them another go and had a look at it on their website and I was very impressed with the reviews that the customers were writing on the customer review page. So I decided to go ahead and spend some of the refund on the X51 and the top end one for £998.99, like you we decided to not go for the Monitor as we have a LG 3D 32" Inch tv and my little bro said that I could use that as a Monitor instead. The other thing is (not rubbing it in) my partner had a 10% discount voucher from Dell as well so we used that on top of the £70.00 that they were knocking off the desktop, so we spent about £930.00 plus the £59.49 on the Alienware TacticX Keyboard so all together we spent about £1010.07 so we roughly saved £103.00 on the whole setup. We actually purchased the system today so we will gladly exchange any experience or mishaps (hopefully not :P ) when it arrives.

Fesic456

Well, Helen, the Alienware X51 showed up today via FedEx. We ordered it on the 12th and it arrived today, the 19th, so exactly one week. Total price after the $50 discount was $1049 plus $94.40 sales tax making the bottom line $1143.40 with free shipping. It's a fine looking machine, I'll have to take a few pictures. It's fairly small and very quiet. The standard keyboard and mouse, however, look flimsy and cheap. But we knew that going in, and will be fitting a Razer Nostromo keypad. As for the monitor, we will be going with the LG E2351VR 23" LED which we saw at a local store last week. For now, we have it connected to a small HDTV through an HDMI cable. There is Intel video built onto the motherboard, and a separate Nvidia GeForce GTX555 specifically for gaming. So for now, we have it hooked up to the HDMI port which is the Intel video. To take advantage of the GTX555, the monitor would need to be hooked up to either the DVI or mini-HDMI port on the video card. I didn't get much time to play with it before going to work, but I'll spend some time with it tomorrow and snap some pics!

Hi James,

We have had update from Dell. Looks like we will be getting the Alienware TaticX keyboard before the desktop arrives. But no email as yet regarding the Alienware X51. It will be great to see how you have got it all set up, looking forward to seeing some pics. We will be happy to do the same & show you our setup once we have received the system. Just wondered whether if you need two hdmi cables one for the graphics card to the tv & one to the normal hdmi port?

Many Thanks for your advice....

Hi James,

We have had update from Dell. Looks like we will be getting the Alienware TaticX keyboard before the desktop arrives. But no email as yet regarding the Alienware X51. It will be great to see how you have got it all set up, looking forward to seeing some pics. We will be happy to do the same & show you our setup once we have received the system. Just wondered whether if you need two hdmi cables one for the graphics card to the tv & one to the normal hdmi port?

Many Thanks for your advice....

If you use the full size HDMI port on the back, you will be using the Intel video chip on the motherboard. The Nvidia card has 2 DVI ports and a mini-HDMI port. I'm not clear on whether or not you can have 2 or even 3 monitors connected. I'll know more when we get the new monitor next week. Here are a few pictures. The lights on the case can be programmed to any color or system event. For example, you can set the alien eyes to flash a certain color when you have a new e-mail waiting:post-70699-0-16489700-1342826149_thumb.j

post-70699-0-93832900-1342826147_thumb.j

post-70699-0-70229700-1342826145_thumb.j

post-70699-0-87373900-1342826146_thumb.j

HI James,

System looks great!. We should recieve ours by the 24th July. Will put some pics up once we all have her set up.

HI James, Desktop arrived today. Have set it all up. Its amazing. Here are the pictures as promised.

post-123730-0-06993100-1343419677_thumb.

post-123730-0-63181200-1343419713_thumb.

post-123730-0-16641600-1343419803_thumb.

post-123730-0-25852300-1343419872_thumb.

Very nice! I see you chose the same desktop wallpaper as me. That TaticX keyboard looks good, I like the backlighting. Hopefully this one will give you better service than the laptop!

HI James, The money we saved on the desktop we decided to go for the TacticX keyboard was only £59.00 from Dell. We hope so too that it will give us a better service. He is waiting to finish downloading Lotro which is Lord Of The Rings. Do you play any online games?

• 3 weeks later...

HI We hadnt played our pc for awhile now. But it was previously connected to the Tv it doesnt have a monitor connection & now doesnt seem to be working. We tried a hdmi connector box still didnt work. It picked up on the blu ray player & the Ps3 but not the pc & was working fine before. Can anyone tell us where we have gone wrong. Is It because our tv does not have a monitor? It should be able to just plug in to the tv without one. Please help.