Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This The Next Generation Rav4?

junebug1701

These photos are scans from the Italian magazine "QuattroRuote" and a rough Google translation says:

Meeting in Los Angeles, the fourth generation of the RAV4 will be presented in late November at the Hall of Los Angeles. Our market will go on sale immediately after the European debut at the Geneva Motor Show next year

nuovorav4.jpg

Translation: No spare tire, the tailgate opens upwards. As on all competitors.

nuovorav42.jpg

Looks like they just copied your avatar drawing, James....? Is there breach of copyright here...? Looks like they have also adopted an "Urban Bruiser" attitude....

the familial lines are certainly there. Also looks like a glass roof ? A tailgate that opens the correct way too....

Big Kev

The problem with these photos is that there are so many Photochop merchamts around that you are totally mislead. Always happens when a new version of such an important motor is due to launch.

Looks like a play on a Mercedes M class, especially the front end but who knows, if it is a true photo it looks quite good and takes the Rav up to another level. I remember when the 4.3 was due to be launched the number of photos floating around on the net was unbelieveable.We wait with batted breath!!!!

Regards Clare

Compare the pics above with these spy pics from Car & Driver. Even though many of the bits are covered, you can see that it's the same design:post-70699-0-67358400-1342317833_thumb.jpost-70699-0-40284700-1342317852_thumb.jpost-70699-0-15064600-1342317853_thumb.j

I thought the same James...........

Looks like a Definate evolution of the current RAV4.

Think it will keep the interest of the current RAV driver and attract new ones, so could be a winner.

I like the glass roof :) not fully sure of the rear lights, but will probably grow on me :)

I wonder if an artist has created it from the spy pic's?

I can see a lot of family likeness with the new Yaris etc but in some ways I find it a bit dissappointing as it looks too similar to the current model. I think Honda have been more radical with the CRV.

Got to agree Don, the CRV just got more uglier, it was plainly designed for the US market, the rear end looks totally out of line.

Sorry Clare

I agree about the blunt rear end but at least it is different!

I dont really mind what it looks like, just hope they solve the lazy indicators or have a louder beep, plus have a tyre well in the boot for a spare even if it is a space saver.... oh and a bit more switch illumination.

nah they wont do any of that.....

Gus

See video of actual magazine, shows side view as well.

These, at last seem to be some genuine pictures of the car that we will get. I personally like the shape but It would also be nice to think that the new car will be the market leader that the original RAV was.

I personally hope that the sun roof is available, and that they don't price it too high in the market place. I am in the market for a new car in Spain, and have set my sights on the Skoda Yeti. Now I will wait and see the new model.

The motoring pundits also say the new Mazda is a very good, if pricey car, and with an updated Kuga due then there is plenty of competition.

I have always quite liked the idea of a split tailgate, such as the Range Rover had, or maybe the original CR-V.

If there is no provision to have a spare wheel, then that I think is a mistake as I reckon there is a bit of a back-lash against that kind of thing.

Now you can see the 3/4 views it looks really nice, different again.

WTF have the spaniards got hold of a press release and we can't?

The front end resembles the front of the IQ. See how the bonnet line flares outs... gives it that just-hit-a-wall look.

Can't wait to meet it in person. i'm sure i'll love it.. Thats said Ollie (Our Rav!) isn't going anywhere anytime soon.. unless of course i come across some more super sized puddles!

Wiberlot (Sir)

So when will this be available in the UK? Any guesses? Looking for a new car next year....

If you go by Autoexpress early 2013 ( Jan to April?)

Regards Clare

Annoucement Nov - pointless as it has been well and truly leaked by this time, delivery Feb. (my guess)

They are building up to it I see the current Rav has a 0% offer now.

Gus

Thanks both. There is a 13 plate I want so April it could be. Just off to see a person at the bank. This could be expensive.

edit: meant march not april which is when the 13's are on the road after looking at my tax disc today!

I agree with Anc's, how'd the Spanish get this and we didn't? Looks like the current Rav is on its way out, but a 0% finance offer is very tempting.

Wait a bit longer and they will lower the price of the outgoing model as well, you could also have a 13 plate, but somewhat cheaper :thumbsup:

Gus

Dominic, it,s an Italian mag not Spanish, sorry if I,m nit picking

Picky Clare

Ah, apologies Claire.

It'll be interesting to see how it's received. I still want 200k miles on mine before I change it. The Rav, like all cars has increased in price in the last 2 years, another price hike with the new model would see it at the top end of the price bracket, for me anyway.

And probably out of a lot peoples reach

Regards Clare

I agree Claire. I understand prices have gone up, but the fact the Rav is Jap built must be adding to the costs. I reckon the new XT-R equipped Rav will be in the 28-29k bracket, and that would price me out of a new 'un.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links