Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Catalitic Converter

wynnie

Help, The catalitic converter has broke on my Aygo which has done 40,000 miles, toyota garage want £800 to fix it. Should it not last the life of the vehicle?

• 3 weeks later...

Eight hundred pounds to get fixed!!!? When my lambda sensor went faulty my then car. A Peugeot 106. Peugeot wanted £120 for a new sensor! I went on eBay and got one for £40!

Shop around and find your options. I found a cat convertor for you for £184

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c617dfa7c

Find a garage with reputable garage with lower hourly rates to fix it in for you. I used Peuegot but they refused to give me any warranty on it.

A cat convertor SHOULD last the lifetime of the car but it does get affected by shorter car journies when the cat doesnt get hot enough to evaporate any water and it rusts the cat from inside out. Hope this helps and good luck. £800! No way!!

Ask the garage: What is broke, and what exactly needs to be replaces, and what is the cost of the cat. Your probably paying labour costs!

Edited by AygoIronman

• 4 months later...

this is in the Netherlands . This guy has everything for the Aygo, 107 and C1

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-onderdelen/citroen-onderdelen/m744911783-citroen-c1-goede-katalysator-libacars.html?c=8c285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr

i think he wil ship olso
wright him in english and it wil be fine.
This is his emailadress:

basboer1976@hotmail.com

regards Jo