Do Not Sell My Personal Information

N/a To Supercharge

tsport299

hi everybody..im new...i have corolla tsport 2zzge engine..i want to make it supercharge.what i need ? i need extra parts or just a supercharge kit? thaks for your help...

I just had a brief read about this for you its possible however no one really spoke about direct fit, many people said the supercharger is quite weak capable of about 240-250 at the crank and about 210 at the wheels however apparently a turbo is the way forward or keeping it n/a you can achieve around the same as the charger hope this helps!

Luke

On a standard block you will have to run low boost - not sure what the motor is capable of handling with stock internals but previous post is probably about right. Supercharging is an option if you can get a kit it usually includes all the basics you require - I believe Blitz made a kit aimed at the celica and obviously there is the TTE kit if you can still get hold of it.

Generally if you want more low down power forced induction is the way to go and supercharging is cost effective(relativley). With regard to the previous post stating that the power gain is possible on a naturally aspirated application this is correct but it will likely cost you a lot more and produce a motor that is strung out and peaky. For track work bouncing around at high revs is fine but on the roads torque would be preferable.

Just my two cents worth but if your going to do it I would check if any kits are still available and work from there. If you decide to look at turbocharging the amount of additional parts required will be much greater and may involve custom items. A small example is a turbo manifold which alone will be very costly.