Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is A Diy Speaker Upgrade Possible

Myles Taylor

Hi folks me again. :driving: Does anybody know what size the rear Speakers are on the IQ.

Also is it easy enough to just swap with another better quality speaker, as I find the rear ones lacking in performance compared to the front ones and I prefer my sound to be behind me.

But if I fade to the rear it seems to lose all depth.

Has anybody done a speaker upgrade at all without resorting to the ridiculously priced JBL upgrade thingy. Thanks folks ;)

I just upgraded the front Speakers to a set of Alpine 2-way 220w tweeter and speaker package. I would of went for the back but didn't see the point at the time. They sound very good for the price £50 ish. Sorry can't be any help with rears

interestingly, i had a Tns 510 satnav unit that came with the car. changed it to a TNS 350 to have the benefit of speed camera and road speed alert. I have found the audio quality increase is significant giving a deeper bass response with depth and body and no mid range distortion. Just an observation.It may be that you want to change your Speakers but don't hold your breath it may also be a product of the head unit quality

David