Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky Drivers Seat Base

forevered

when i change gear i get an annoying squeak from the seat. it does it if i press on the front edge of the seat, just where the bottom of my thigh would be pressing into the seat base when changing gear. ive tried spraying wd40 under the seat round anything thats metal and may be sprung/moving , but it hasnt worked . anyone else had this, or know what i can do to stop the noise.

thanks for any help

hi, i had the same with my 2010 sr, took it to the dealer where they replaced the base, is your base slightly loose? mine was thats why it squeaked.

ive now got a 2012 sr and its got to have a 2nd clutch so i think a little squeak is something i could cope with lol

no my seat base isnt loose, it does it when i squash down on the seat material near the front edge, just where the bottom of my left thigh sits on the seat base. sounds like its coming from springs that may be in the material ?

The squeak on mine comes from the seatbelt lock, where the seatbelt clips in. I pull it back towards the rear of the chair each time I clip in now and it stops :)

i also had that with the seatbelt lock a while back and i sprayed it with wd40 which cured it

• 1 month later...

i also had that with the seatbelt lock a while back and i sprayed it with wd40 which cured it

Had this one too, lubricate it and the sound won't come back. . .

• 1 month later...

no my seat base isnt loose, it does it when i squash down on the seat material near the front edge, just where the bottom of my left thigh sits on the seat base. sounds like its coming from springs that may be in the material ?

Hi i have the same problem with my seat (07 Auris T180). If you sit on the seat and move your bum backwards and forwards you can hear it squeaking from the left side just near the hand brake. If you reach down and pull the seat adjuster up slightly just to the point before it releases to move the seat the squeak changes position so I'm guessing its something to do with the adjuster or mechanism. Im going to take the seat out and have a look at some point soon so i'll keep you updated (if you havnt already solved the issue)

Thanks,

Chris