Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Classic Toyotas Spotted In The New Avengers :-)

johnny01

During a spot of nostalgia I was surprised to see a couple of classic Toyotas appearing centre stage in the very final episode of The New Avengers from 1977, entitled 'Emily'. I've grabbed a few screenshots below, including a Datsun that was also used by the baddies. Purdey had been driving the bright yellow Corolla with some rapidity in a couple of previous episodes as well (I used to have a TE51 and always thought they were a great shape). Some "oooooh...!" and 'point at the screen' moments ;-)

post-13937-0-73588600-1342303973_thumb.j post-13937-0-57773900-1342303995_thumb.j post-13937-0-33857700-1342304008_thumb.j post-13937-0-46914200-1342304021_thumb.j

Enjoy :D

My sister's first car was a yellow 1972 Celica GT similar to the second picture. I loved that car--when she went to France one summer I got to "take care" of it. Great fun to drive! Then, years later she got a white Corolla exactly like that first picture. What model year was that? Thanks for the memories!

The program was produced in 1977 and set in Canada, my model Corolla was from 1980 but I believe they changed the design shortly afterwards so it was probably one of the last. A good looking car that went well in a straight line (especially after I changed the knackered engine and 4-speed box for a TA22 GT engine and 5-speed gearbox amongst other things) but didn't go round corners too well because of the leaf spring rear suspension! Twitchy, but great fun :)

http://www.toyotaown...lery/media/3765

• 8 months later...

Thanks for sharing. Yeah they are classics! I love them and they look really sporty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links