Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs Sensor Wheel, Rear

UserError

Please can anyone tell me how to remove the sensor wheel/cog from the hub carrier?

Looks like this (attached)

This one didn't slide off! Don't want to knacker the replacement I've got to buy....

Cheers

post-31336-0-51534800-1342384883_thumb.j

post-31336-0-13162300-1342384931_thumb.j

Having drilled out the broken stud, it turns out that it should have slid out.

If you're going to attempt this, do it very carefully and take great pains to tap evenly. I used a long-legged hub puller & hit the underside of that, to produce the force like a slide hammer, which didn't work for me.

You could try applying a blowtorch to the hub area then some ice on the abs wheel to try & contract it a bit.

You should buy the correct one! :D:

The ABS ring is not designed to be removed, you buy the correct hub for WITH or WITHOUT ABS

Kingo :thumbsup:

Glad you think its funny. This is what I was offered by CPA, who have usually been pretty good. Looking online, the whole hub assemblies have a different inner end (black cap) to mine so they're not right, & this part-assembly is what comes up for my car/year

Is this the official Toyota customer service approach - c**p on them? Must be because Yeoman Toyota down here are a byword for customer dissatisfaction.

Aye aye, keep yer hair on :afro:

I was just drawing your attention to the fact that your DIY proposition is NOT the correct procedure, before you get Joe Egg belting 7 bells out the the next one I thought I should mention it

So CPA (whoever they might be) have a far better understanding than the manufacturer in these matters and will have supplied the correct part and it's Toyota who have it wrong? Of course, this part assembly is what comes up for your car so it must be right :rolleyes:

I didn't say CPA have a better understanding the the manufacturer. I didn't say they were right & you were wrong, I said that in the past they'd been quite reliable. I've been let down by them & am now quite considerably out of pocket so your levity, oddly enough, didn't make me laugh. Your inability to see that shows how well Toyota's customer service programme works....nearly as well as their R&D.

I was also exactly NOT advocating clobbering it. A lot of what is written on Forums is not correct procedure, but it is often resourceful workarounds by hard-pressed people trying to overcome the c**p that comes their way.

I'm now faced with having to bin the part I've bought and buy either a new hub (not from Yeoman Toyota), as yet unidentified & certainly more than the kit I just bought, or getting one from a scrappy which I don't want to do. BTW, this is on top of buying an Ivor Searle engine to replace the one which suffered from the special undocumented feature of 'oil consumption' . This is sitting in a local garage where they're waiting for me to bring the car in. No wonder I'm having a sense of humour failure.

You will see from my original post that I was not trying to be funny or smart, I was trying to state the obvious, with the use of an emocion to inject some humour into the thread. you should have bought the correct hub, whether that was from Toyota or not is your decision not mine. You then explained how you removed the ring, incorrectly, and were unable to fit it to the (wrong) new hub, and somehow it's now the fault of crappy Toyota service that you have a duff hub you can do nothing with and you will have to go and buy the correct one

Yes your sense of humour has failed, lets hope your ability to learn from your mistake and source the correct parts for your car in future. Whilst a Toyota genuine part would be more expensive, it would certainly be correct, and in the long run, you would probably have paid less than a bill you are now likely to face. If you had taken up the fact the part did not have an ABS ring on it when you bought it, you should have been able to return it.

Fair point about noticing the ABS ring & I was looking for a solution. However not sure what you'er trying to achieve here - trolling in your lunch break as it's obviously not to boost either Lindop's reputation or sales -

You've clearly missed a sales opportunity here as I am obviously now looking for a new hub, I even said that I wasn't going to my local dealer as they didn't deserve it. You were too busy being right & scoring points to notice.

I refer you back to post number 2, where I merely stated that you can buy the correct part, without the need to remove a part that is not supposed to be removed. I left it at that.

You clearly have an issue with your local dealer and if the part you bought fitted, you clearly would never have visited any dealer to buy the part, I won't lose any sleep over the fact I have missed a sales opportunity from you. I don't troll in my lunch break, I pay TOC to be an authorised trader, you are the one who got upperty at what was meant to be a light hearted comment, good luck in finding your part, you can't please all the people all the time, and some you will never please

I refer you back to post number 2, where I merely stated that you can buy the correct part, without the need to remove a part that is not supposed to be removed. I left it at that.

You clearly have an issue with your local dealer and if the part you bought fitted, you clearly would never have visited any dealer to buy the part, I won't lose any sleep over the fact I have missed a sales opportunity from you. I don't troll in my lunch break, I pay TOC to be an authorised trader, you are the one who got upperty at what was meant to be a light hearted comment, good luck in finding your part, you can't please all the people all the time, and some you will never please

You can't help everyone Kingo no matter how hard you try, I was going to try and help out on this one but ................... :no:, just buy the correct hub with or without ABS depending on the cars spec, the sensor ring doesn't go faulty, just the sensor or the bearing.

Pete.

This is a very good informative thread and the main point that has been made is that,,,

There are two rear hubs for a T25, one with ABS and one without.

Make sure you purchase the RIGHT one, first time round.

If in doubt then post the question first and hopefully be guided by the more informed members.

I have seen some cheap non ABS hubs on eBay for £45, if I knew no better I would have bought one of these and would have been stuffed when I stripped my ABS hub down

This is a very good informative thread and the main point that has been made is that,,,

There are two rear hubs for a T25, one with ABS and one without.

Make sure you purchase the RIGHT one, first time round.

If in doubt then post the question first and hopefully be guided by the more informed members.

I have seen some cheap non ABS hubs on ebay for £45, if I knew no better I would have bought one of these and would have been stuffed when I stripped my ABS hub down

Hello Phil, I think all the T25's have ABS but not all the T22's, the car in question is a 2002 vermont so it should be a T22. anyway i have attached a drawing of the T25 rear hub etc.

Regards Pete. :thumbsup:

post-74463-0-94267500-1342604094_thumb.g

Yes the T22 models had a with/without ABS option, some also had rear drums instead of discs.