Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 1.33 Question

killie

Hi

New to the Forum, was wondering if i could get some info on a Yaris 1.33 it's an 09 plate 1.3 SR with the SST

I'm picking it up tomorrow afternoon from an Arnold Clark Toyota Dealer in Glasgow. Car has done 27000 Miles turned 3 Years old this May

so is out of warranty has full service history from AC Toyota. Here is where it gets a little tricky.

I decided that I would like to take out an extended warranty also service & Mot Plan. So negotiated a price on both

The Service & Mot I'm not worried about. It's the warranty. At the time I took it out yesterday after aTest Drive which went well Car drove well and is in very good condition for the year

I agreed to a 2 year warranty. it was only when I got home that i reaised the Warranty I has taken out was with Arnold Clark and not Toyota Uk.

the cost for 2 years was £445. after some looking around I think the Toyota one is around £700 or their abouts.

The problem i'm having is to decide wether to cancel the AC warranty and pay the extra to go direct with Toyota or keep it as it is.

anyone on theForum had any dealings with AC regarding warranty work ? good or bad.

I've bought a few Cars off AC but never taken out a warranty with them so not sure what to do.

Apoligies for the long Post.

Other thing was this will be the First Yaris i've owned and have not had any experience with the SST system .

Thanks

For any advice

Regards

Ian

Thanks for the Info

Interesting read. Does seem like quite a few people have had problems with the warranty repair side of things

makes me wonder how AC are still in buisness,would have thoufgt Trading Standards would have shut them down.

Was plannig to do most servicing minor repairs myself. Only reason I agreed to the Service/Mot plan was it would hopefully keep the warranty in place

As i mentioned earlier have bought a few cars from AC maybe i've been lucky with the dealerships but i've found the ones i've used to be helpfull

the thing that concerns me and i will speak to them tomorrow about it is the Diagnosis charge don't mind if it's repaid when warranty work is carried out

but will see what they say about it.

Thanks again for the advice

regards

Ian

UPDATE:

Had a chat with the Salesman this morning regarding the AC Warranty mentioned I wasn't entirely happy due to adverse comments

i had come across on the Web. Asked how much extra it would be to have The Toyota Warranty extra £150 that would have made it just under £600

not bad as the AC was £445. After speaking to the Guy and getting some Info on what was and wasn't covered. I decided to do a Deal with the Devil

and took out the AC warranty. I know ill be forever damned but i thought i'd give them a chance.

Anyway picked up the Car this afternoon drove home thought i would try out the Air Con even though we don't get any hot weather In Glasgow

not up to scratch at all blowing more hot than cold. phoned up the salesman explained the problem.

So it's going in tomorrow or latest Thursday to have it checked ,expect it needs regassng will see how that goes.

will give me some idea of how the customer service works at least. ;)

Regards

Ian

I'd be intersted in hearing how you get on with the air conditioning Ian.

I've got the same 09 model (now out of warranty) and the air con con in mine sounds similar to you've described (tepid would describe mine). If I think a re-gas will sort it I'll get it done, if it's something more complex/expensive I'll live without it (there's not too many scorchers these days in South Yorkshire either).

Take it easy,

Mick

I had my aircon regassed after 5 years at Kwikfit. They were very good. (But service depends on the competence or otherwise of your local branch: I used the Congleton one - excellent)

Thanks for that

Hoping to get it done for Free at the Dealership. My own fault for not checking it on the Test Drive

will play it by ear see how I get on

Thanks

Ian

Hi

Just an Update on the Air Con

had it in to The Dealership this afternoon

They had a look and then regassed it. Can't complain as their was no charge for the Regass. Done under their used Car warranty

They even hoovered out the car and did a visual check of Oil and Tyres

First time i've had to use them for anything so hope this bodes well for the future

getting used to the Car only thing I can find wrong is taking off in first gear after it's been stopped in the eco mode, takes a bit of getting used to

Thanks

Ian

Another thing to get used to is that the the stop start has a mind of its own. Sometimes it operates at every stop, or it refuses to cut the engine for days.

Depending on the outside temp, what you have switched on, or just what mood its in.

Thanks for the info

will keep an eye on it. My Son drove the Car last night as his was out of petrol ,nothing knew their

Asked him how he got on with the stop start. His reply could not get on with it, so switched it off :unsure:

Tried to explain to him that it was their to save petrol fell on deaf ears.

ian

Remember the aircon has to be used through the complete year to keep the system operative, switch it on for minimum 15 mins every few weeks, even in winter.

also remember aircon isnt just cold air, you can still have hot air and air con is a major benefit in winter as it demists the glass very quickly - use with "fresh mode"

From what I gather with the Stop/Start system it won't cut out when the aircon is on; other things that'll vary the lengh that the engine is off for (if it goes off at all) is Battery charge level and also I presume how many auxiliary systems such as lights, wipers etc, are on. I'll be getting one really soon so will have a little play with it

Mine does cut out with the aircon on, although for a shorter time than when its off. After 10000 miles I still cannot predict when it will cut out. Beginning to think its something to do with forces beyond our control!!!

• 2 weeks later...

As Bemused2 / Mr Wilson says above, the Stop/Start is capabale of kicking in with the air con on (although I wouldn't expect it to last for huge amounts of time).

Mine's been mine's been stopping nicely over the last week & I've had the aircon on a lot after getting it regassed (it's super-frosty and good as new again).

Take it easy,

Mick