Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cd Player Compatibility

BigKevB

Hi All,

I have a 2004 Avensis 2.0 D4D T-Spirit which I am really enjoying. I have a question on the proprietary CD/Cassette/Radio Unit that is installed at present though. If I were to purchase a "head unit" from a newer Avensis, post 2006, when they started supporting MP3/WMA playback, would it be a simple plug and play job, would it sit correctly in the Dash, Are the leads/plugs the same, etc, etc...

I can pick one up from the breakers for circa £80 and would do the fitting myself. From the photos, they look very similar, so this would be a simple upgrade if it would fit correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

This SHOULD work as Toyota didnt alter any of the important connectors on the T25.

Standard Toyota power + Speakers connector

Standard Toyota Steeringwheel buttons connector

Standard DIN-connector for FM-antenna

I take it for granted that neither your car or the donor car has an active speaker system though :)

Thanks for this reply, what about the physical size in the centre console? are they a match for size and fittings?

I am not sure what you mean by

I take it for granted that neither your car or the donor car has an active speaker system though

• 2 months later...

bump...

Hello, once you have done it. please post on here how its gone, as i would like to do it, i dont think i have ever used the tape deck :g: