Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head Gasket

Karen Francis

Having just taken my rav4 to the garage because there was no heating but the temperature gauge was working properly. They did a pressure test on my car and the the blue liquid went green which means i have a head gasket problem the mechanic told me. my car is 2007 which makes it just 5 years old. has anyone had any problems like this with there car? and some advise if possible as to what will happen and costs.

Karen, Take a look at This Thread There are well known issues with the 2.2 Diesel engine (I am assuming yours is a diesel).

If the 'fault' is not just a head gasket issue then you should expect them to replace your engine with a 'short block' . . . If the car has been 'reasonably maintained' then the costs are covered by an extended warranty on the engine (Also needs to be less than 7 years old and under 112K miles)

Having just taken my rav4 to the garage because there was no heating but the temperature gauge was working properly. They did a pressure test on my car and the the blue liquid went green which means i have a head gasket problem the mechanic told me. my car is 2007 which makes it just 5 years old. has anyone had any problems like this with there car? and some advise if possible as to what will happen and costs.

Strongly recommend You read this thread if Your car is a 2.2 Diesel !!!

http://www.toyotaown...7

Have never heard of a head gasket going on a 2.2 unless it is associated with the huge problems these engines have...

You will need to take the car to a franchised Main Toyota dealer as independent garages cant help .....

Many cars have had the engines replaced under warranty (My car has had 3 replacements) with what Toyota call a 3/4 engine.. This is in effect a full engine from the cam cover to the sump and not a short engine.....

My 2007 RAV4 developed the same issue and i had a 3/4 engine fitted by my dealers under warranty. My vehicle has only covered 35K with a full Toyota service history.

My 2007 RAV4 developed the same issue and i had a 3/4 engine fitted by my dealers under warranty. My vehicle has only covered 35K with a full Toyota service history.

Same here but my dealer done the head gasket first, then about 3 weeks later recalled the car and replaced the engine with a 3/4 one.

Doosan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links