Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's The Difference Between A T180 And A Sr180 ?

Simon-R

I am possibly looking at buying another car to replace company that is going back. Can somone explain the difference between T180 and SR180.

Many thanks

t180 model are early 57 plates with keyless entry and engine start. they also have sunroof. sr180 models dont the keyless entry or engine start no sunroof on some but have lowered suspension, boot spoiler, and tinted rear windows which gives a more sporty look. both share the same 2.2 dcat engines.

I couldn't tell you the absolute differences, but it appears that the T180 engine is badged 'D4-D' & the SR as a 'D-CAT'. They are both 2.2 TD with essentially the same engine, but as I say with a few minor technical changes. As the D4-D engine had been out quite a while before the SR arrived, I believe the SR has a slightly updated engine spec. But they both suffer from a lot of cold start/low mls useage & prefer to be kept warm with decent mileage. This ensured the DPF is in use & regeneration helps keep the system working properly.

Further to the above poster - mine is an SR with sunroof, keyless start & the start button !

T180 - no spoiler or lowered suspension. Has sunroof keyless entry

Early 2008 sr180 - spoiler, lowered suspension, rear tinted windows and sunroof keyless entry

Most sr180 will not have a sunroof or keyless entry. Some point in 2009 they won't have auto wipers or lights or an auto dim rear view mirror either

Engines are the same apart from a minor update in 2009 but power output/torque same.

Both t180 and sr180 have double wishbone rear suspension over the torsion beam rear on the standard auris.

I have a 2007 t180 in white labelled d cat, also has Toyota spoiler, sideskirts, suspension and steering wheel.

Ok thanks for the replies so far. Is there any opinion as which is the better one to have? Looking at autotrader etc they can be had for similar money/mileage etc.

uncle buck you must have the early sr model then late 57 reg?

Early sr180 model with the t180spec as well as the sr180 styling. 57 or 08 reg

Do you want the sportier looking SR180 with the tinted windows, lowered suspension and tinted windows? Or the more conservative T180 which will draw less attention?

Basically the same car apart from the SR180s suspension windows and spoiler.

uncle buck you must have the early sr model then late 57 reg?

Yup - mine is a '57 plate registered in Jan 2008. It's got pretty much everything spec-wise, except Sat Nav (and I'm really not bothered about that, lol).

Yes the SR180 with satnav also has bluetooth.

The satnav is not great as it does not take a full UK postcode so it only gets you into the general vicinity.

Not too bad in town but in the country this could be within half a mile!

The convenience of having integrated bluetooth and satnav does however outweigh the postcode deficiencies.

I did enquire about updated mapping but it still does not support a full UK postcode.

To think this was around a £1500 option when new.

Hope this helps.

Pete